What's new

Looking for Yuki Kido, lost contact about four years ago

uminoarashi

Registered
25 Apr 2016
I am looking for a Japanese friend of mine, Yuki Kido, that I met in Banff, Alberta, Canada, o in 2009. We met through an ad in an internet cafe in the area, and initially would meet up to teach each other English and Japanese. He worked as a chef at a Japanese restaurant in the area.

We continued to exchange emails for several years after he left Banff, however I become quite busy with University and such, and lost contact with him as his email is no longer active nor is his facebook. I believe he was originally from the Yakushima area (or possibly Kagoshima or Okinawa). He went back to Japan and the last I heard he was working in Fukuoka as a car salesman. He had also talked about wanting to take a trip across Japan by motorbike, though I am not sure if he ever did so or not.

Anyway, I am heading to Japan again soon and have tried to find a way to contact him to visit, but haven't had any luck. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to know.

Thank you.

Yuki is a female given name. I suppose his name would be Yūki/Yuuki. Do you know his kanji name? (It would be so hard to find his information even with the correct kanji name, though.)

Yuki is a female given name. I suppose his name would be Yūki/Yuuki. Do you know his kanji name? (It would be so hard to find his information even with the correct kanji name, though.)

Ah yes, you are correct. It would be Yuuki. He mentioned that before, but also write it 'Yuki' in English.
Unfortunately, I do not know the Kanji for his name. Which definitely makes things more difficult. :S

From what I've been researching, it looks as though he switched to a mobile email a few years ago, and tried to contact me (prior to that he used a regular yahoo email). I've tried emailing back in the past from various email providers and my phone, but it seems as though many Japanese mobile emails do not accept email from emails or phones that are not Japanese, unless specific settings are turned off. :S

Last edited:
The name of the sushi place in Banff where he worked as a chef was Suginoya. It is permanently closed unfortunately, as of about 2011 I believe. I have tried looking for other staff to see if they may be able to contact him, but have't had much luck.

It's a bit of a stretch I suppose, but perhaps someone on here worked there at somepoint or knows someone who worked there? I believe all or most of the staff spoke relatively fluent Japanese, though not all were Japanese.

Sorry. This is silly, but, I realize I do have the Kanji for his name. It was in an old email from him.
It is 城戸勇樹.

Perhaps this helps?

Back
Top Bottom