What's new

2004 looking for my relatives (old Post)

Send me a private message with any information you have. Last known address, name in Japanese characters, etc. I live only about forty minutes from Tatebayashi.
hi mike i dont know how to send a private message. i really appreciate your immediate response. i hope someone could here me out..

Hi I was wondering if you guys still do this? I was looking for my father. I know his name and age. But that's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I was wondering if you guys still do this? I was looking for my father. I know his name and age. But that's about it.

I have removed your email address from your post. Please start your own thread and post all the relevant information you have.

Looking for my Girlfriend's father

When my girlfriend was just a few years old, her father had troubles with his business with some legal issues and I believe her mother told us that her father was imprisoned because his business partner used his business seal in other kinds of business without his consent, I'm not quite sure with the details but after that her father never contacted them again and before that only telling them not to disconnect the lan-line phone because it would be the only possible contact method for him. but after years of waiting and with no financial help her mother had no choice but to remove the phone, and they never had any contact with there father even now, I know my girlfriend says she does not care about her father even if he comes back or not but I once saw her crying and telling her brother that its all they're daddy's fault that they're in that kind of predicament, when we watch father and son movies I can almost see her cry every time though she tries to hide it, and her mother is still waiting and believing that his husband would comeback to him.. I would like to help them, even though just to confirm if her father is still alive because he's probably about in his 70's now. I just want to at least give them closure. the name of they're father is "Kouichi Ogasa" the name of my girlfriend is "sachiko hermias" (she took her mother's last name) and they're mother's name is "Rosemarie Hermias"

Searching For Relatives In Japan

HelloThomas,

My name is Shigeo. I have formed a group in Japan for the purpose of searching for "RELATIVES"
in Japan.
We are a non profit all volunteer group but I work out of Hawaii.
There is no charge for this service.

We have already made one successful search by reuniting a 78 year old woman
in Arkansas USA with her sister in Osaka whom she had not seen or heard from
for more then 36 years.

This group was started in April of 2002.

We are now searching for 10 different individuals in Japan.

We do not search for former "penpals", friends, classmates, or any one
not related by BLOOD.

With much Aloha from Hawaii. Sincerely Shigeo

HelloThomas,

My name is Shigeo. I have formed a group in Japan for the purpose of searching for "RELATIVES"
in Japan.

for more then 36 years.

not related by BLOOD.

Hi
Does your "searching for relatives" site still exist ?
Thanx

HelloThomas,

in Japan.

for more then 36 years.

not related by BLOOD.

Dear Shigeo,

A good and blessed day to you! I was glad to see such a great group who can finally help me find someone dear to my father. We live in the Philippines ever since I was born and my father is pure japanese. His family is in Japan still and after 20 years leaving Japan, he is now currently diagnosed with stroke and his company made him leave his job; leaving us with nothing but hope in our pockets. Both of my parents are unemployed and we are only surviving through my mother's relatives. My father was left with no medications and his condition is becoming worse. We wish to contact his mom and his sister who lives in Takamatsu, Kagawa. My father can remember the complete address and their phone number, But unfortunately, they changed their number. I hope that you can help us, especially my father, to look for his mom and his sister. It's hard looking for their contacts online and the embassy is hardly doing their job to help my father. We'll be so glad to receive your utmost consideration and I look forward to your group's success. Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
My post is gone from yesterday. Maybe I posted it in the wrong place? Please let me know.

I have been assisting my daughter in law with finding her family in Japan. A distant cousin she found through DNA testing helped her request and receive her family records from Aomori-shi. She sent us a translation of what she found, there is a lot of personal information I don't want to post publicly.
Basically we have the home address, mother's name, her parents names, and two half sisters and a bunch of information on them and old addresses. The cousin called the home address listed but was told the family had moved away a long time ago. She went on to say the person answering the phone was a different name than the phone was registered too. She said she was confused and said that address was still currently their registered home.
I had a translator call the grandparents address, it seems to be a fisherman's work group now. A man that answered said he knew the grand father but he was deceased. He recommended calling another guy and that guy didn't want to talk.
We found the half sisters when married did not move far away, one was about a 10 minute walk from home. We feel pretty sure they are all right there near each other. We have scoured Facebook and have not turned up anything, either dead accounts or they are not answering.
We are very close I just need someone who can make a few calls and ask the right questions. The village is small, maybe 150 houses that runs into other small villages along the coast of northwestern Aomori-shi.
Thank you
Alan

You posted it in somebody else's thread, as I told you yesterday. This is called threadjacking.

I do not see a new thread option. I only see "post reply", so I figured I was replying to the original post. I do remember seeing something about thread hijacking on another post I made about address numbering, but I thought that was to someone else. Sorry about that.
So the "searching for relatives in Japan" is closed ?

I do not see a new thread option. I only see "post reply", so I figured I was replying to the original post. I do remember seeing something about thread hijacking on another post I made about address numbering, but I thought that was to someone else. Sorry about that.
So the "searching for relatives in Japan" is closed ?

This is a thread started by another person for their own search. It isn't a catch-all place for everybody making a search to post their information. You already have your own thread for your own search. I gave you a link to it yesterday so you could easily find it again. How could you read what I wrote about threadjacking in your address numbering thread and get the idea I was speaking to anyone except you?

You have mistaken a single thread for a subforum, due to the original poster's misleadingly overly broad thread title.

OK, sorry about that. That post is 4 years old now and I completely forgot about it.
I posted along with everyone else, so I didn't think I was thread hijacking, so I didn't pay much attention to it. I was skimming through everything looking for information.
I am just trying to find help and or new ideas to find her family. Its been a ten year search now and a lot of learning and hard knocks along the way. We're down to the really hard part right at the end.
Alan

Send me a private message with any information you have. Last known address, name in Japanese characters, etc. I live only about forty minutes from Tatebayashi.
Hello @Mike Cash i can't view your profile nor cant send you a direct message. Im not sure if you can still read my messages. I hope you can send me email at [email protected]

I have the details for you. I am coming to Japan this February.

Hello Mike, are you still active in here? Im coming to Tokyo next week and wondering if you can help me locate my father's address in tatebayashi?

Back
Top Bottom