What's new

Looking for Naoko Koida

antegrav

後輩
9 Apr 2003
I'm looking for a girl named Naoko Koida, the last time I talked to her was about 4 years ago. I don't know if she still lives in Edogawa-ku, but that is the last place of residence i have for her. If anybody can help please get back to me.

Thanx
Keith

Keith
I dont know if you are still active on this site, this post appears to be from many years ago. I would hate to alarm you with bad news, especially if we are not thinking of the same person. My name is Jerrod.

Thanks for your input I guess, but you are not the original poster. He is looking for a particular human being that I may have information about. I'm not trying to be a problem.

I guess the point is , when someone here on JREF disappears for more than a year , we never hear from them again for some reason, It also seems their old E-Mail address also fades away. It's kind of a bummer because you wonder , are they still alive , did they get hit by a bus , couldn't afford the internet anymore and now live in a tent in the woods. It's darn nice of you to take the time to try and help someone , but in this case ; the member may not get the message sad to say.

If keith is still searching, I'd like to help, especially if we might be thinking of the same person. I'm not trying to be a problem. I did a Google search and someone else has been searching for the same person. I don't know the particulars about the relationship between the two, and I don't want to dig up anything that might be hurtful. Just want to give the information that I have to the right person. I'll leave these posts and if I get a reply awesome.if no reply, that is ok also. Life goes on.

I think that for information about a 'lost' person, it is perfectly appropriate to post to a long-dead thread. Jerrod - welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. I had a girlfriend over 20 years ago who I parted with on good terms then lost contact with around 2008 and would love to know how she is. The original poster may be similar.

As a long time pet owner , I think a lot about the "Rainbow Bridge" story and hope to be reunited with them some day. I also kind of hope there is an "Old Friends Bridge" where we get togeather with long lost friends and find out how their life went after we lost contact with them. 200.gif

Well at the very least if keith continues his search and checks in here, I've left some bread crumbs.. im fairly certain we are talking about the same person so his search will probably end with the info I have. Like I said before I don't know the particulars of the relationship whether it was an ex or just a friend. It also is an old post so maybe he's given up his search. Either way I just wanted to help.

Well at the very least if keith continues his search and checks in here, I've left some bread crumbs.. im fairly certain we are talking about the same person so his search will probably end with the info I have. Like I said before I don't know the particulars of the relationship whether it was an ex or just a friend. It also is an old post so maybe he's given up his search. Either way I just wanted to help.
Hi Jerrod, I had to create another account because as it was suspected, I don't use my old email. I just wanted to say thank you for reaching out and for the bread crumbs. It's not the news I wanted to hear, but I can confirm we are talking about the same person. Since this is a very public place, I don't want to put out all our personal information on here, so I just wanted to say again thank you and my condolences to you and your family.

Hi Jerrod, I had to create another account because as it was suspected, I don't use my old email. I just wanted to say thank you for reaching out and for the bread crumbs. It's not the news I wanted to hear, but I can confirm we are talking about the same person. Since this is a very public place, I don't want to put out all our personal information on here, so I just wanted to say again thank you and my condolences to you and your family.
Like I said in the previous post, I just wanted to let you know. I had tried for the first year after she had passed to inform as many of her friends as possible. Many friends called her cellphone so I tried to tell them but my japanese speaking is very basic. I don't know the particulars of your relationship with her, but I was not a jealous husband. Naoko was my best friend, I am still heartbroken over the loss. I actually encouraged her to maintain relationships with her friends because when she came to California with me , there was not a lot of Asian folks where we lived at the time. We were married for twenty years, and she gave me two beautiful children. I love her dearly and miss her terribly. I just hope this gives you some closure in the matter. She means that much to me, I just thought that any friends that may have been curious as to why they had not heard from her and were unable to reach her would appreciate some sort of explanation.

Like I said in the previous post, I just wanted to let you know. I had tried for the first year after she had passed to inform as many of her friends as possible. Many friends called her cellphone so I tried to tell them but my japanese speaking is very basic. I don't know the particulars of your relationship with her, but I was not a jealous husband. Naoko was my best friend, I am still heartbroken over the loss. I actually encouraged her to maintain relationships with her friends because when she came to California with me , there was not a lot of Asian folks where we lived at the time. We were married for twenty years, and she gave me two beautiful children. I love her dearly and miss her terribly. I just hope this gives you some closure in the matter. She means that much to me, I just thought that any friends that may have been curious as to why they had not heard from her and were unable to reach her would appreciate some sort of explanation.
Thanks Jerrod. I can tell by the way you speak of Naoko how much you loved her. It makes me happy to know that she found someone who loves her that much and treated her good. It is very kind of you to have tried and contact as many of her friends to let them know as well. As for my relationship with Naoko, thank you for mentioning that your not a jealous husband, but really there wouldn't have been any jealousy involved. I dated Naoko prior to your relationship with her back around 97-99. I was 18 and she was 21. I was the one who ended things for dumb, young naive reasons. Come 2003, I was a point in my life where I started to question many things that I have done, will do and was a bit lost. I felt like I needed to apologize to her for the way I ended things and that was the reason I was searching for her. Couldn't find a trace of her online and so it was left at that. Years passed on by and I check this site once in a long while, but life catches up to you and although I still thought of her, I only hoped she was doing well and it just became a wondering of could she be doing now. It just crazy how small our world is, all these years I thought she lived in Japan still and turns out she actually lived about 40 min away from me. I'm married now and have an 18 year old son. Yesterday was just a shocking day of finding out all this information. But Jarrod, when I said it before I truly meant it, that I'm very grateful for what you have done and by your actions you seem like a good person. You did bring some closure to the matter. I would have still loved to just say I'm sorry to her though. Also I'm sorry to you as well. I hope I didn't open up more grief by this. I wish you nothing but the best and I'm also glad your two children have a great father to look after them.

With much love and respect,
Keith

Back
Top Bottom