What's new

Looking for my long lost step father. Papa I miss you! Kimihiro Oba.

Vickielou28

Registered
19 May 2019
Hello everyone, I am looking for my long lost stepfather. My mom and him had separated for 7-8 years now and I am desperate to find him. He had been my father since I was young until my teenage years. Anyone here knows Kimihiro Oba? Please contact me immediately. Thank you.
I miss my papa so much and I am very hopeful that we will meet each other again.

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post, his Birthday is on 23 October 1961 , he is 57 or 58 years old now. I remember he lives in Hamamatsu Shizuoka Ken but I am not sure if he still lives there now.

He is your step-father and not your real father, here the Japanese have a clean break after
divorce.

Sorry!! You may never find him.

And what is your point? It doesn't matter whether we are blood-related or not! He had been my father since I was 1 year old therefore he is still my father. I am not after his money or whatever you are thinking. I am looking for him because I miss him and I am worried about him.

And what is your point? It doesn't matter whether we are blood-related or not! He had been my father since I was 1 year old therefore he is still my father. I am not after his money or whatever you are thinking. I am looking for him because I miss him and I am worried about him.

It does not matter what you want, my point is that the Japanese just move on with their lives after divorce and have no further interest. While that may sound cold, it is a fact that the Japanese just move on and never even have contact with their own biological children after divorce.

Last edited:
Good luck with your search, sorry I can't help you.
Ignore jt9258 who seems to be just another self-appointed expert on all Japanese people.

Well, jt9258 may have some sort of good intentions we can't easily spot.

As for the actual search methods, I would suspect you have some further information that could be helpful, but it would not be such a good idea to be placing too much private information out here in public.

My point is that it can be easier to track people in Japan than in some nations, because I believe the Japanese system does create a paper trail as a person moves about. Well, that is a very unprofessional viewpoint. I'm not PI.

By the way, there might be some groups that are known for engaging in this type of people-tracking thing. Anybody know of such a group?

I'd bet that if some folks were to get really focused on this some good ideas will spring up.

But, again, be really careful about to whom you give information, or where you place any further information you may have.

Well, thanks for your comment but I will continue my search anyway.

You are welcome to continue your search does not mean the result will be what you
expect, even more so if you are not Japanese.

As for the negative comments about my posts, they obviously know little about the divorce
procedures here in Japan and how the Japanese handle these matters.

Additionally family law supports the clean break system.

Last edited:
Well, I'm a long-time resident of Japan but the last thing I would do is speak for the whole population. As for divorce procedures themselves, they are totally irrelevant in this case.
Good advice above from TGI-ECT.

Well, jt9258 may have some sort of good intentions we can't easily spot.

As for the actual search methods, I would suspect you have some further information that could be helpful, but it would not be such a good idea to be placing too much private information out here in public.

My point is that it can be easier to track people in Japan than in some nations, because I believe the Japanese system does create a paper trail as a person moves about. Well, that is a very unprofessional viewpoint. I'm not PI.

By the way, there might be some groups that are known for engaging in this type of people-tracking thing. Anybody know of such a group?

I'd bet that if some folks were to get really focused on this some good ideas will spring up.

But, again, be really careful about to whom you give information, or where you place any further information you may have.
Well, I am not sure if he does have but anyway, thank you for the information and suggestions that you have. I will try to look for more information about my stepfather. My mother has left me so I can no longer ask her about his details. But I will try to do more research on it. Thank you.

You are welcome to continue your search does not mean the result will be what you
expect, even more so if you are not Japanese.

As for the negative comments about my posts, they obviously know little about the divorce
procedures here in Japan and how the Japanese handle these matters.

Additionally family law supports the clean break system.
Do not worry for I will not expect too much. I know it would be hard to find him, I was just hoping I could and you know the reason why. Anyways, maybe you have been through a few divorces then?

Do not worry for I will not expect too much. I know it would be hard to find him, I was just hoping I could and you know the reason why. Anyways, maybe you have been through a few divorces then?

I still do not know why you want to locate your step-father other than your emotional
feelings about him.

I am not divorced because I am happily married to a Japanese woman.

However most of the foreigners who were married to Japanese when I arrived here
many years ago are all divorced now, mainly because they refused to accept and live
by the values the Japanese live by, like many on this forum.

What comes to mind without too much effort is that many times people will overlook some very obvious sources of information they have in their possession. Photos that you might have that were taken in Japan. Documents that might have some tiny piece of information that can open a big door. And it could be a document you didn't/don't realize has that key piece of the puzzle.

Unlike what the Hollywood folks like to offer as information about how investigative work is done, a lot of it is sifting through very basic stuff looking for clues. And then sifting through it all again, just in case. And it can be very boring work. But useful.

But, once again, be so very careful how and to whom you share any information you may find. And now that you have gone public here, be careful about folks that offer you help. There are some mighty unpleasant humans on this planet, unfortunately.

What comes to mind without too much effort is that many times people will overlook some very obvious sources of information they have in their possession. Photos that you might have that were taken in Japan. Documents that might have some tiny piece of information that can open a big door. And it could be a document you didn't/don't realize has that key piece of the puzzle.

Unlike what the Hollywood folks like to offer as information about how investigative work is done, a lot of it is sifting through very basic stuff looking for clues. And then sifting through it all again, just in case. And it can be very boring work. But useful.

But, once again, be so very careful how and to whom you share any information you may find. And now that you have gone public here, be careful about folks that offer you help. There are some mighty unpleasant humans on this planet, unfortunately.
Thank you for your reply, yes I will be very careful with each information that I have. It seems like a lot of people are telling me the same thing. To be careful in giving out information. Is that how dangerous it is there? What are the possible things that may happen? I am just curious.

This advice about being careful about posting information on the Internet is not something that is related to any single region on Earth. This is an Internet thing.

Frankly, it is a kind of mindset that needs to become a feature of anything you do on the Internet, although it can also extend into the brick-and-mortar world in some respects.

But it might be best to use a link here to another thread on this site about safeguarding personal information. I assume there must be a thread that has already been started. One of the admin folks would be able to point us to such a thread.

Thank you for your reply, yes I will be very careful with each information that I have. It seems like a lot of people are telling me the same thing. To be careful in giving out information. Is that how dangerous it is there? What are the possible things that may happen? I am just curious.

There are a lot of things that can happen with personal information on the internet. Someone of an unsavory nature could locate yourself or your step-father. They could also state they are a PI or in similar work and request payment to assist. If they get enough information from you they could use it for identity theft. I know it's pricey but it's a much better idea to go to someone local that's in a field like PI that's reputable and ask for a consolutation (how much they charge and what information you have).

Back
Top Bottom