What's new

Looking for my friend Ikeda san

Nahido SSP

後輩
9 Dec 2020
I search for my old friend Ikeda who worked in Sudan during mid 80's. Where to post the search?
Can anyone help?

Sorry no idea. Chances are someone that age doesn't use social media much.

Finding someone in Japan is very difficult with out detailed information usually. Imagine trying to find a friend in Dubai and all you have for the search name is "Mohammed". Your post bought back memories of when I lived in Japan in1971. My best friend was Ikeda Shin in Fukuoka.

Any additional information (first name, last place of residence, etc.) would be helpful in narrowing your search down.

Or the organisation they worked for in Sudan - given Japan's poor record in overseas assistance and lack of historical connection with Africa, there must have been very few Japanese people in Sudan. Was JICA around in the mid 80s?

Good point, Lothor! It is likely Ikeda-san either worked at the embassy or with JICA, though I believe it was in the mid-80s according to the OP.

Or the organisation they worked for in Sudan - given Japan's poor record in overseas assistance and lack of historical connection with Africa, there must have been very few Japanese people in Sudan. Was JICA around in the mid 80s?
Hi,
yes, JICA was there as well as other Japanese companies. I learned conversational Japanese when I worked with them more than 10 years.
If you ask me for Mohamed, yes you are right difficult to find without family name but for Ikeda in Khartoum is different only 1 Ikeda was working among Japanese as Chairman in 2 companies.
Few years back I emailed the head office in Tokyo, they forwarded my email to London office with no luck just said
Can't provide email or contact number for security reason😣😔, I miss friends and their families.

Good point, Lothor! It is likely Ikeda-san either worked at the embassy or with JICA, though I believe it was in the mid-80s according to the OP.
No, he was not with JICA or embassy he worked with Japanese company, so many companies were there like Mitsui, Nisho Iwai, Mitsubishi, Marubeni, etc...very good business is still there.

Finding someone in Japan is very difficult with out detailed information usually. Imagine trying to find a friend in Dubai and all you have for the search name is "Mohammed". Your post bought back memories of when I lived in Japan in1971. My best friend was Ikeda Shin in Fukuoka.
I remember that his parents passed away when he was in Sudan and left for him Jute and steel business, I googled steel biz I found some names but difficult to check.

Back
Top Bottom