What's new

Looking for Haruhiko Yamashita my foreign exchange student

KoriCA

Registered
6 Apr 2016
Hi everyone! My name is Korinna and in 1990 I lived on El Toro marine base in Irvine, California, USA. I was 5 years old. We had two Japanese exchange students come and stay with us. The one who I remember most is named Haruhiko Yamashita. I'm not 100% sure but I think he was a senior in high school (maybe a freshman in college?). There was a big group of Japanese students staying with different families on base. Haruhiko's nickname was "Harry" so that's what I called him when I was little.

He use to write me and all I know is his address from the extremely early 90s. He was residing in Hisakata, Tenpaku-Ku, Nagoya. I have many photos of him and the other exchange student who stayed with us "Tomma" (I'm not sure how to spell his name, which was also a nickname.)

There's a Haruhiko Yamashita in Nagoya on Facebook. Did you try to contact him?

You could also try writing to that old address. There's a chance the letter would get to him.

Yeah, I contacted him earlier today and it wasn't him sadly. I actually just looked at google street view and went to the address and it looks like it's a campus. Maybe dorms or some kind of student housing. The school is called "Toyota Technological Institute".

Back
Top Bottom