What's new

Jpop VS Jrock... Split it?

What to do with the Jpop section?

• Total voters
Ok, i've seen enough. How about this:
I'm going to rename the "JPop Forum" to "Japanese Music".
Subfora will be: "Male artists", "Female artists", "Bands and Groups" and a final forum called "Chit Chat".

In the "Male artists", "Female artists" and "Bands and Groups" each artist, band or group gets one single thread in which users can discuss anything that's on topic.

The Chit Chat forum will be for polls, comparisons, belly buttons etc. etc.

If anyone opposes this idea, speak up and speak up fast, as i'm going to implement this right away.

Sounds good, are you moving already made threads to the said areas too or should we start new ones? (i.e. the Miyavi thread, Gazette thread, etc.)

I'm going to attempt to move everything(!) myself. I'll probably come up with doubles though, but i'll sort that out as I go.

If any of the other mods don't have anything better to do, feel free to help me out. 🙂

Thank you so much Twisted! Happy to see a change in this forum, I think Jref will improve because of this and that there will be more attention to other kind of mucis styles...

Hope that male/female/band can do that, instead of the Jpop Jrock Misc sections.

But thank you for the effort that you are making

No thanks. Guess I should have done this a long time ago.

The only thing i'm worried about is the strict moderation it's going to require.

Twisted my question is who is going to look after this section? Before it was Kinsao, is she still going to do it?

Thanks.

I've already run into some problems.
It doesn't seem possible to rename threads, which is a bit inconvenient.

Take for example the "Safe Haven" thread, which is about Hyde (vocalist of L'Arc~en~Ciel but also active as a solo-artist). Now this thread is very suitable as the main Hyde thread, but if it's going to be placed in the Male Artists forum, it should be named Hyde.

I'm could just create a new topic named Hyde and merge this one in there. Of course, the posters for that thread wouldn't be able to find their original thread anymore...

I don't know, i think, unless there already is a proper thread about an artist, it's best to create a whole new topic for each artist in the proper forum and dump all the rest in the Chit Chat forum.

The new threads would get filled in no time anyway.

Dutch Baka said:
Twisted my question is who is going to look after this section? Before it was Kinsao, is she still going to do it?

Not sure. I think she mentioned something about leaving, but I don't know the details about that. So for the time being i'm going to try to do it myself. Like i'm supposed to do. Like I used to do. I just hope i can keep up.

Perhaps we can appoint an extra moderator here, but that has to be discussed with the rest of the staff.

I'm just shifting them at the moment. And there is a lot of rubbish. I think some of the older threads dealing with show dates and similar could be locked as they are out of date

Dutch Baka said:
LoL, I am available...

Ok, considering your post count, reputation and the fact that you're a donator, I think I can run the risk of promoting you to mod on my own account, without getting my *** kicked by Thomas and Maciamo. 🙂

Welcome aboard! 🙂

Congratulations on your promotion, Dutch Baka! :joyful:
I saw about this already in another thread in Site Admin section. ^^

I used to be able to rename threads - I did it for Yokan one time, and again for another thread once... I wonder why it doesn't work for you, Twisted? :?

Seems I return too late to help with this... I got demoted in my absence. I had kinda looked forward to it; oh well.

Wow, didn't see the last 3 posts haha,

thanks you people! WB Kinsao, hope you will stay around again missed you!

Aw thankyou! :) I hope to stay around :) depends on circumstances :auch: *rolls eyes*

Kinsao said:
I used to be able to rename threads - I did it for Yokan one time, and again for another thread once... I wonder why it doesn't work for you, Twisted? :?

Ahem, yeah, i already figured out how to do it. There's an option to Edit a thread that does the trick. I was looking for a specific Rename option. :p

I have closed the poll on this thread, as the split happened a few months ago. I'll leave the thread open though, for any comments:)

Mycernius said:
I have closed the poll on this thread, as the split happened a few months ago. I'll leave the thread open though, for any comments:)

Cool, I wonder what people think about the split up, if things became better or worse?

I think it improved, and it is much easier to find threads and looks better than before!

It's not so crowded. Instead of just one section with too many pages, it is now easier to look through and go to a specific section.

Back
Top Bottom