What's new

Japan Stimulus

Only if you indulge in domestic travel.

The package, set to be approved by the Cabinet later in the day, includes extensions of subsidy programs aimed at promoting domestic travel, spurring consumption and helping companies maintain employment, as well as incentives for digitalization and carbon reduction, according to officials.

We also have a thread on the Go-To Campaign that's regularly updated.

I first thought that @okinawaholic was inquiring about cash handouts not travel subsidies. :p

I'm not impressed with the GoTo travel campaign and think that although it is helping tourist businesses to survive (a good thing), it is of no benefit to the vast majority of the population. I had a (friendly) discussion with a woman about his on Facebook. She claimed the campaign was a big success because hotels, etc., are full and tourist attractions are busy, although I think that you only need a small proportion of the population to travel for this to happen and that the very large number of people in Japan who don't have the time or money to travel are not being reached. And a campaign that encourages people from different parts of the country to mix with each other is high risk.

I'm not impressed with the GoTo travel campaign and think that although it is helping tourist businesses to survive (a good thing), it is of no benefit to the vast majority of the population. I had a (friendly) discussion with a woman about his on Facebook. She claimed the campaign was a big success because hotels, etc., are full and tourist attractions are busy, although I think that you only need a small proportion of the population to travel for this to happen and that the very large number of people in Japan who don't have the time or money to travel are not being reached. And a campaign that encourages people from different parts of the country to mix with each other is high risk.

I agree with the fact that only a small proportion of the population will benefit from the campaign but I guess it's the same segment of people that used to travel before the pandemic started. That was probably one reason why they also decided to launch the Go-To Eat campaign. We decided to cancel our subsidised New Year's trip to avoid unnecessary risks.

Back
Top Bottom