What's new

Japan Photos 2023

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Someone has to get the ball rolling, so what could be a better start than the osechi festa at the in-laws? :)

Unedited.

138005EE-51F6-4516-A5E0-FBB06A6DAD7C.jpeg

A delicacy from Matsumoto (Junmai Daiginjō Nama Sparkling), to be reviewed later.

5C93C321-C8EC-4E37-A0DC-A845DF0C5C4D.jpeg

And an auspicious view from the balcony:

3F4B4F92-E1CA-417E-A937-54B30C097530.jpeg

B75F7E13-A3D6-417F-8AA2-BD5CB771E04C.jpeg

Looks delicious, Thomas.
What am I seeing? Sparkling junmaidaiginjo nigorisake? Is it really sparkling or is it just the name? :unsure:

Here's my start, I was out & around today, this very small roadside shrine has caught my eye before, and today as I went by I noticed the color (the cranes):

small shrine.jpeg

Last edited:
Someone has to get the ball rolling, so what could be a better start than the osechi festa at the in-laws? :)

Unedited.

A delicacy from Matsumoto (Junmai Daiginjō Nama Sparkling), to be reviewed later.

And an auspicious view from the balcony:

On the subject of o-sechi ryori, this customised version made by a British guy was posted on the British Expats in Japan group on Facebook.
323707238_477572844548282_9042984628041480189_n.jpg

This is to prove that Donpen is still alive and kicking (metaphorically): Don Quijote's flagship store, "Mega Donki", in Shibuya.

Don Quijote's flagship store in Shibuya

Have you ever eaten noodles coming down them bamboo shoots ? With the clear mountain water they use, it is something that I have found to be so enlightening of this society here.

200.gif
Spare me ! We are having a snow storm every other day here in Maine. Yesterday I had about 9 inches of heavy hard packed snow to clean up. I've seen enough snow to last a life time this week LOL.

Not sure where this came from, but apparently it is in Kanazawa:

Moron Cafe Kanazawa

Yeah, sounds like my kind of place! The contact address confirms it in Nagamachi (a few samurai homes around there)--the look of what's across the street from it. The food pics seem good.

Odd that they don't know how romaji works.

1675611303252.png

Or maybe it was the chouchin that maker got wrong and thought they couldn't possibly mean MORON and wrote MORAN instead.

The about page says they are specifically going for an overseas vibe. So maybe they think people overseas are morons. (There's a lot of truth to that.)
石川県金沢市の長町武家屋敷跡にあった旧診療所を改装したカフェです。
金沢の歴史を色濃く感じらる地域にありながら、海外の雰囲気を感じられるカフェであり、オーガニック食材を使用した焼菓子や、カレーなど独自の目線でメニュー開発しご提供させて頂いております。

Back
Top Bottom