What's new

How to type kanji with furigana?

foxerish

後輩
9 Oct 2009
tha title says all...
how to type kanji with the little hiragana in the top of them that says how to pronounce them?

It's impossible in a simple text format used in this forum. You can do it in MS word, for example.

It's impossible in a simple text format used in this forum. You can do it in MS word, for example.
huh?!?!
I wrote kanji with furigana in word but when I copy it to here look what happens:

ぼくはイスラエル(いすらえる)で日本語(にほんご)を話 (はな)しますだから、嬉(うれ)しいなあ

Why does it happen?

huh?!?!
I wrote kanji with furigana in word but when I copy it to here look what happens:

ぼくはイスラエル(いすらえる)で日本語(にほんご)を話 (はな)しますだから、嬉(うれ)しいなあ

Why does it happen?
It (kana in bracket instead of furigana) happened because most writing system does not support furigana function, as Toritoribe san mentioned.

There's a firefox plugin called "furigana inserter" that will show you the furigana on any page with Japanese, which can be helpful for language learners. I think it inserts it in parentheses, which is standard for most formats.

Use Open Office Math Editor
This command,

{ {光} csup {ひかり} } csub {light}

produces

ひかり

light

The upper and lower text can be made smaller relative to the kanji. To drop the 3rd lower level, omit "csub { xxx}"

a) That's a 3.5 year old thread, you shouldn't do that unless it's for a good reason and you should note the age of the thread when you do.

b) if you want to write furigana on the web, the world has changed in 3 years.
Code:
<ruby>ナ津オ<rt>窶堙絶?堋ゥ窶堙ィ</rt><ruby>
should show you the kanji with the furigana above it, but of course, I can't directly post raw html on this site and the ruby tags aren't excepted. (it would be nice if this site and Asian language learning sites in general would make the ruby/rt tags allowed... ) Semi-supporting browsers usually show 光(ひかり) and non-supporting browsers usually show 光ひかり.

Firefox users should consider installing

in order to get furigana instead of parenthesized kana.

If you want furigana in a post on this site in particular, then you're pretty much going to have to make an image of another page (a web page where you -can- put in your own HTML, or a screenshot of your word processor, or whatever) until and unless the ruby tag is allowed.

I'm not saying there's a rule against it. Some threads are natural concentration points for certain kinds of information, or someone may have a follow-up question on a certain topic. However, posting to answer a three year old question ... ?

Rules or no rules, the original poster is surely no longer waiting for answers. It's just discourteous on any forum to add the clutter of answers to essentially unasked (though technically 3-year-ago-asked) questions.

This may now be over a decade old but the link for inserting furigana into word works a treat. ありがとございました

Back
Top Bottom