What's new

How did you find this website? (for all members)

How did you find this website ?

• Google

Votes: 413 68.4%
  • Yahoo

Votes: 33 5.5%
  • Other Search Engine

Votes: 19 3.1%
  • Link from other site

Votes: 43 7.1%
  • Link from "Forum Japon"

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • A friend told me about it

Votes: 45 7.5%
  • Don't remember...

Votes: 42 7.0%

• Total voters
From a Google search. Like I already mentioned it i joined this forum, hoping to get in touch with people who have a child attending Lycee Francais International in Tokyo.

I was browsing google of how to learn Japanese, and accidentally found out about this site. Then I start asking about how to go there, Now, I've realized that I must know more of the language there, and going will be later. xD

I would say Google. because i was searching for any information about japan and one article brought me to the forum.

I decided it was time to start asking my own specific questions about Japan and the Japanese language after I received a game for Christmas containing a line I was never going to understand on my own or find specific information for. Thus I joined this site, the one that I was being constantly directed to years earlier searching for many answers to questions on Google.

I'm glad I did. I usually don't post much unless I have a question or can answer one, but I check the site daily because there is always lots of information and threads that are interesting xD

Plus, its members are great :)

I love Japan and have a passion for foruming, so I Googled "japan forum" and this was the first result. I'm glad I clicked.
Wonder why I'm randomly searching for a forum? My member title should explain it.

The other day when i was in need of reading cleared to me, and my usual 手伝い were all offline, i desperately googled "三日分出し" and stumbled upon How to read 一日 in these sentences? | Japan Forum

After getting my 三日分出し-reading related question cleared i browsed the forum a bit. Then i figured that instead of constantly pestering my 手伝い about the language, cuisine and keeping my maple bonsai alive, i should register on the JRef forums and pester it's members instead. So that my 手伝い are no longer tetsudai, but just pals to boast about how delicious my daifuku turned out and how my little maple survived another winter.

I just found this site today and I'm very glad I found it.

I have just started studying Japanese for real now (seriously now, because before then, I was never serious about it) and while studying hiragana, I wanted to look for sites that only posted in hiragana for practice reading reasons.

One of the first sites that popped up was this one, this thread Hirigana Reading Practice. It's very old but has a lot of good links.

I found this place from a link on Area 51 Discussion Page on the target audience for a Japanese Culture Stack Exchange site and with the proposal still in definition (need 17 more questions with a score of 10 or more to get to the commitment phase and we have 70 examples questions already) and the Anime and Manga chat room blocked at work with no one being around on it when i get home i figured some of my questions could be asked here

I found this place from a link on Area 51 Discussion Page on the target audience for a Japanese Culture Stack Exchange site and with the proposal still in definition (need 17 more questions with a score of 10 or more to get to the commitment phase and we have 70 examples questions already) and the Anime and Manga chat room blocked at work with no one being around on it when i get home i figured some of my questions could be asked here

I'm not really familiar with Stack Exchange, but it looks very interesting. Actually, you might find answers to many of those questions right here.

And welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks for signing up! :)

Forgive me the curiosity, but what articles or pages led you to JREF?

Thanks for signing up! :)

Forgive me the curiosity, but what articles or pages led you to JREF?

It's hilariously embarrassing. Oh well. It's the articles on the attraction of Japanese males to Caucasian females and vice versa.

Their lifestyle is so very different and I like reading about the opinions on both sides.

Not embarrassing at all! That sort of threads are veritable honeypots. ;)

It seems so cliche though. Of course I too consider Japanese guys gorgeous. The reality is that life would be exponentially harder with the cultural differences. Guess I can always just enjoy the visual kei? Haha.

I've had an interest in Japan and all things Japanese since travelling there some years ago.
I started watching NHK World tv lately and that gave me the impetus to google "Japan forums"...so I did :)

Years ago when I was in Junior High school (I'm 22 now) I was a member on Japan Forum. This morning I went back to the site out of curiosity and found that it's been pretty much abandoned. I missed the sense of community so I searched for a more active site on google and found jref. Pretty pleased so far!

Years ago when I was in Junior High school (I'm 22 now) I was a member on Japan Forum. This morning I went back to the site out of curiosity and found that it's been pretty much abandoned. I missed the sense of community so I searched for a more active site on google and found jref. Pretty pleased so far!

Welcome to the JREF forum!

I have always wondered why that particular forum had been given up, no one has ever replied to my enquiries. Anyhow, it's worth mentioning that this Japan Forum is actually older than that one. :)

Welcome to the JREF forum!

I have always wondered why that particular forum had been given up, no one has ever replied to my enquiries. Anyhow, it's worth mentioning that this Japan Forum is actually older than that one. :)
That's amazing! I don't know why I haven't found jref sooner

Just today, after 12 years in Japan, I wanted to visit gaijin forums I was a member of. One is shut down, this one still remembers my handle and password.
Joined 11. of September 2003, just 10 days after I had arrived to Japan.
Lived in Tokyo (Yoyogi, Shinjuku) for 3 years, the Toyota City (company transfer) for 5 years, now in Nagoya. Same job (IT Exec) with a multinational company.
Permanent residents, wife, daughter and myself, love it in Japan.

Learning 日本語 and searched 'Japanese forum' and this was one that came up! :) I've lurked for a few days before joining. :p

I was asking my niece about some kanji translation (she has a PHd in the Chinese langauge - pretty smart) and she turned me on to this site. Got all my question answered about a Hinomaru Yosegaki .....Great Site!

Back
Top Bottom