What's new

hiragana words

Inter

後輩
3 Feb 2003
I have learnt me all of the hiragana alphabet and I ca't find a single site that have any information on how to begin to write any real entences. Do you know any good sites out there?

Thanx

Jonas

Real sintinces? first of all you cannot learn Japanese on the web, if you need to do Japanese home study, get the GENKI Japanese series from The Japan Times, Writing with Hiragana is the same as writing with romajii you just use the symbols that make up the word rather than the letters, Use Japanese IME form microsoft, with it you type in the romajii and it will show you how it is supposed to look in Japanese, if you want only hiragana, choose no conversion mode, that will stop conversion to Kanji, Microsoft IME is free with Windows XP, with other versions of windows, you need Microsoft Office Xp, then you can download it from Microsoft Website

You can't find a site about how to make real sentences probably because it would take a long time to compile a good guide. There are so many different ways of ending sentences. You have formal and informal sentences. The list goes on and on.
Good luck with your studies

I guess you didn't get very loving answers

Well, If I was a real, live Japanese girl, you could hang out with me & we could learn each other's written languages. But we're not. I guess you'll have to get one of those phrase books & use it for basic sentence structure patterns.
As soon as I can afford the price, I'm gonna have a sex change operation & then a plastic surgery operation to give me authentic slanted eyes that'll be so slanted that I can hardly see through them. Then I'll go to Japan & hang in Yoyogi park, across the bridge from the Harajuku train station on the weekends & just smile at everybody who passes by.;)

Well, the Hiragana Times is a bilingual English-Japanese magazine where most of the Japanese is written in kana, as its title implies. You can even get it online for a fee. Here's the address.

Hiragana Times | ひらがなタイムズ "Japanese Textbook Magazine"

As far as writing is concerned, I would recommend to also learn a few core kanji. But writing practice is extremely simple if you have, let's say, a romaji text book. All you have to do is open the text, look at the romaji and try to write it again as hiragana or katakana on a separate piece of paper.

Because unfortunately, writing as you want to do is not a much demanded discipline. Most text books are usually keener on techning you how to communicate verbally.

I have learnt me all of the hiragana alphabet and I ca't find a single site that have any information on how to begin to write any real entences.
Try this site: hesjapanese.com
For me there is so interesting hiragana lessons.

Well, If I was a real, live Japanese girl, you could hang out with me & we could learn each other's written languages. But we're not. I guess you'll have to get one of those phrase books & use it for basic sentence structure patterns.
As soon as I can afford the price, I'm gonna have a sex change operation & then a plastic surgery operation to give me authentic slanted eyes that'll be so slanted that I can hardly see through them. Then I'll go to Japan & hang in Yoyogi park, across the bridge from the Harajuku train station on the weekends & just smile at everybody who passes by.;)
Oh man, it was worth reviving a half-decade old thread just for this gem.

Back
Top Bottom