What's new

A website to convert Kanji into Hiragana

f0rk0

Dust Bunny
7 Mar 2005
..and much more.

My prayers have been answered. There is a higher divine power being after all.:nuts:

Basically, you can input a Kanji-rich text into their little box from heaven, and choose an option of converting it to hiragana, even romaji.

There are a couple of other options that you could experiment with, so try it.

This is just such a useful tool. I may not be able to understand the text fully, but reading hiragana smoothely is definitely something I need to work on.
Maybe a few of you do, too.

Oh, here is the link to this marvelous site:

kanji romaji hiragana conversion

P.S. I apologize if this has been posted and reposted. Maybe some of the newer folks will appreciate it.

AGhhh. I think I got a little carried away with my excitement.

This thread probably belongs to "Japan on the Web" forum.. Sorry, folks.

I had posted this link many times. Not sure if anyone actually used it though.

Great website! :)

There are two programs that do this as well if you don't want to bother with the web.

Kakasi and Chasen. Both are Unix/Linux applications, but I think they have Win32 front ends. They also have Perl interfaces, which is no doubt what that webpage uses.

Ever get frustrated when you see kanji on sites that you just can't figure out how to read? Well here's a solution: ふりがな 付けます

Just copy paste the link of the site and put it in the url box. Next thing you know, every kanji on the site will have furigana ontop :)

PS: Link was provided by @sasame

Apri1! You still come here, I'm so glad.

Sorry again for reposting this. And thank you, Moofs, it was a great addition to my Japanese resources.

Back
Top Bottom