What's new

Hamaya Golden Arrow Description Translation pls

Caleb

Registered
9 Mar 2016
I've recently come back from japan and while over there I bought a Golden Arrow from the Rinnoji temple in Nikko. It came with a description on a piece of paper that I can't understand. I wanted to frame the arrow with a translated english version of the slip it came with. If I could get some help translating the text on the box that would be amazing!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

vTicxeT.jpg
rFPX326.jpg

first picture
Protection Taiyuuin Mausoleum
(Taiyuuin is the posthumous name of Tokugawa Iemitsu.)

second one
Dragon God Hamaya
This hamaya is a protection tool modeled on the arrow a Yasha Umarokya has in his hand, who rests on the left back of the Yasha Gate in the Rinnoji temple.
The rising dragon, which brings various fortunes to all things, is sculptured on this hamaya, and the names of Amida and Shaka who protect the past and future are inscribed on the arrowhead in Siddham script.
To guard your family or pray for wishes to come true, enshrine this hamaya in your Buddhist altar, household Shinto altar or living room where the family gathers, putting the arrowhead up and arrow feathers down.
Also, when good things don't continue to happen for the family, enshrine this hamaya in the entrance, putting the arrowhead toward the outside of the house.

Here is the statue of Umarokya in the Rinnoji temple. You can see the arrow in his right hand.
http://rinnoji.or.jp/wordpress/wp-c...b68c651faf32f86e95e5e1d16-e1403755467358.jpeg

Thanks a heap! I really appreciate it.
Thank you also for the details and links. :)

Thanks a heap! I really appreciate it.
Thank you also for the details and links. :)

Thanks for asking the question! I have bought the same arrow today from the same place and have just 'googled' it to find out about it!!! It's a beautiful arrow and I look forward to setting it up once I return home.

Back
Top Bottom