What's new

Gaijin Needs help

FOOTIEFANZ

後輩
15 May 2005
Hi Guys and Gals

Hi Guys and Gals

I could really do with some quick help here. I am an absolute beginer with Kanji and I have tried the Jim Breen dictionary thingy -but I am even more confussed now!!!
My new (ish) J- girlfriend talks to me on messenger a lot- but ever so often she goes into Kanji mode- and loses me completely! I would love to suppise her by knowing what she has said...

Does anyone know what the translations are for the following couple of conversational snippets...

Conversational Snippet 1:

もうっ!そうゆう日本語女の子に使うんでしょ!!!!!!!
どうせ ポールはどっかに行っちゃうんだ。誰かさんみたいに・・・

はぁ~あ・・・・・

ポールはきっと私の事好きじゃないと思う

はい

Conversational Snippet 2:

いつまでも側に居ようなんて
胸にしまうから
毎晩夢に見てる
何度も寂しさ覚えるたび 心は貴方を求めていたよ

Conversation Snippet 3:

そうゆう人いるいる!

いつまでも側に居ようなんて
胸にしまうから
毎晩夢に見てる
何度も寂しさ覚えるたび 心は貴方を求めていたよ

I know its a lot to ask... but I really have no further knowledge other than...

Domo Arigato Gozaimasu (But I'm learning ;)

Snippet 1 does not bode well for you.

Snippet 3 largely repeats Snippet 2, and looks to me like lyrics from a song. You'd have to ask one of the JPOP fans to be sure.

Does this shed any light on Snippet 1:
欲しい!欲しい!欲しい! ポールと結婚するんだから!(笑)o(><)o 一人でイギリスに行けるんだから(ノ><)ノ

(P.S. My name is Paul -I have been told this is 'Pole' or 'Poll' in Japanese- ha ha, and English I guess!!!)

My name is Paul. I have been told this is 'Pole' or 'Poll

I worked in a place with 3 Pauls. I was nick-named Long Paul by some of the females in the office, until the continuous laughing finally learned them.

Sounds like your gal is having a laugh to me.

Come on guys! Dont leave me in the dark here!!! What did it say??? I am about 10 years off being able to read Kanji. -back to the text books for me!

もうっ!そうゆう日本語女の子に使うんでしょ!!!! !!!
Mou! Sou yuu (iu) nihongo onna no ko ni tsukau n desho !!!!!!

どうせ ポールはどっかに行っちゃうんだ。誰かさんみたいに・・・
Douse Paul ha dokka ni ittchau n da. Dareka-san mitai ni

はぁ~あ・・・・・
(Heavy sigh)

ポールはきっと私の事好きじゃないと思う
Paul ha kitto watashi no koto suki ja nai to omou

はい
Hai

Hey, this site is soo cool- you are all stars!
As for the English translation...
Is this close...

"i know u will use that kind of japanese to japanese girls!
paul will leave from me like someone...
ha-a.
i think paul doesnt like me. hai"

She seems disgusted with the sort of Japanese you used. She thinks you'll just up and leave her like some unmaned person did. And she thinks you don't like her.

Is she a drama queen or something?

ha ha ha - maybe, maybe! Listen I want to thank you for your help on this one. You've been great. PS. I might be back if she carries on like that - asking what the kanji for its over is!!! ;)

FOOTIEFANZ said:
ha ha ha - maybe, maybe! Listen I want to thank you for your help on this one. You've been great. PS. I might be back if she carries on like that - asking what the kanji for its over is!!! ;)
The poetic bits are somewhat more elevated if you'd like those done instead....Does she tend to be the sort that conceals her own feelings (in kanji) and then expects you to understand ? I think it's a national disorder. 😌

She's not really disgusted with the Japanese you used. She was kinda making you out to be a player and that you must talk to all the (Japanese) girls like that. ;)

orochi said:
She's not really disgusted with the Japanese you used. She was kinda making you out to be a player and that you must talk to all the (Japanese) girls like that. ;)

Which is why I asked if she is a drama queen.....

Better to ask her about the problem directly (in a very yasahii way designed to get the most number of girls) :p

知り合いの男の子に好かれたいですか?!!!!!!!!
あなたの問題を私のせいにしないで。!!!!!!!!!!

どうしてそんなことを言ったの>>> (そんな馬鹿な言葉を言わせたのはなんだったのでしょうか?!!!!) etc....:D

Back
Top Bottom