What's new

Favorite Japanese Candy?

f0rk0

Dust Bunny
7 Mar 2005
My Japanese teacher would always give out the yummiest candy.
But I coud never remember what they were called.

This would be a nice reference for my next Japanese candy hunt.

:)

I'd say Meltykisses are really good. They are chocolate cubes (most of the time) covered in cocoa.
I also really liked the green tea Kit Kats that came out there not too long ago.
Of course I like Pocky, most kinds anyways. My favorites are plain strawberry and coconut. Pretz are really good too, you should try them.
I like this stuff that I got a couple of weeks ago too. They are freeze dried strawberries, dipped in a layer of chocolate and something else. (can't remember what it is)
And Kuro Ames. They're a hard candy that tastes kinda like brown sugar.

Those are probably my most favorite, but it's not like I've tried everything.

Something I don't like? Black Black gum. I just don't even like licorice to begin with. 😭

Most of the candy that's good in Japan isn't Japanese. Seems like they never really got the hang of sweets.

I really love orange chocolate pocky..and I really need to get my hands on some ramune candy... :) Has anyone else tried ramune candy and how does it taste?

i love ki no kono yama and pocky, i didnt mind the coffe flavoured ones...cant remeber what they are called.
i dont mind hello panda...any japanese candies...yum

FlowersKiss is a really good hard candy, it's my favorite, but I can't think of what it tastes like at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom