What's new

Favorite Japanese snacks, desserts, drinks, etc. ?

I like "o-zakku" chips & toppo stix. Despite my love for japanese junk food, I lost 10 kilos durring my year in Japan. which was weird, cuz i didn't know I had 10 kilos to lose.

ooo well if we are considering tea as a snack!! ^__^

definately! I love my green tea, and sometimes I add a bit of honey into it too :3

and rice cakes with bean paste those are real good

Anpan... I could eat a million of those things, and yet I can't find one of them abroad... I literally stuffed my mouth full of them when I was over there last.

I also miss the japanese convienience store dinners. they were cheap, relatively good for you (compared to a swansons dinners) and tasted waaay better.

noyhauser, anpan is one of my favorites too. I could eat them all the time. Are there any Japanese grocery stores around you? The one we go to has anpan in the frozen section along with the kurimupan and the other -pans.

I have made anman at home a couple times and it turned out really good. Time consuming, but worth it. Yum....

nyaa I like Pockey and milky drinks! ;) Qoo is my favorite drink though. I also like "ichigo Miruki" they're frozen straberry milk snacks. I also like the dried bean snacks too, any vegetable flavored ones. I also like onigiri too <333 👍

No, there isnt anyplace nearby. I go to a school thats pretty ethnically challenged, in a city that is as well. There are no japanese restaurants nearby, and the stores are "asian markets" that have the bare necessities of Japanese goodness (horrendously overpriced boxes of pocky, and glico sweet curry)

I can't wait to get back to vancouver for the month to refill my Japaneseness. Nothing beats japanese home cooking, like my father's sukiyaki.

Ocha. Any kind, any time :cool: Never really was much of a tea drinker until I lived in Japan. Now I find i've developed quite an affinity for it.
:)

my favorite are ramens and these triangular shaped balls of rice stuffed with tuna fish or anything with rectangular shaped unagi stuck to it. Plus a bottle of Asahi or a little sake glass.

Iced green tea, definitely. I really wish it were sold here in the UK - the only thing you can get here is some disgusting lemon flavoured stuff. In Japan you can try all sorts of different green teas etc... and cheap too, and refreshing. I think it's the thing I missed most when I came back here.

Fortunately we get quite a lot of stuff sent from Japan so I don't miss so much other things. If there's anything I desparately want ( like nice mayonnaise for example), I can go down to London and buy it from the Japanese shop there.

But tea... too expensive
:(

We have cold green tea in a bottle made by Nestea but the first ingredient is sugar. Although ive never tried it, i think i will passsssssssss.

Fave drinks - Have a few, love Melon Fanta, bright green, then there the MAD sounding Calpico or Calpis a milky looking drink that's cool mixed with sparkling water, Strawberry flavour is the best. But Ichiban is sparkling Grape juice you get from the vending machines. Oh so yummy.

Drinks in Japan are so good & plentiful too. Never without a choice.

Patman ^_^ J-PASSION FLOWS HERE

:sick: Guess I'm a freak or something but I just hate green tea... I've eaten a lot of good stuff in Japan. Too bad I just can't remember the names any more.

Ramen 🍜 Sake :gulp: But I hate Sushi._. :mad: Never tried green tea... I better go try it out._. 😄

I drank a lot of Vanilla coke (seems they just got it in 2003,) while I was over there a few weeks ago this summer. I was kind of sad that Nikumon (pork buns,) are seasonal (I had gone each winter for the past several years,) and since I was there during the summer-time I guess it was too hot for hot food (but I was able to still buy corndogs and cheese sticks at the 7-11 which was just as good.) I also ate a lot of the 90yen cheese burgers at Mcdonalds and speaking of Mcdonalds I had ate a Japanese Mcdonalds breakfast for the first time in like four years of going to Japan, it was interesting, pretty good but still I find Mcdonalds in Japan to not be as processed as it's American counter-part where as I'd buy an sausage-mcmuffin over here (it'd be miniature with a synthetic looking egg patty,) and in Japan it'd be different (it'd be regular size with real looking product within the sandwhich itself.) It was pretty great.

Josh

I hate McDonalds werever it is. :mad: I dislike all Fast Food Resturants though. :auch:

sake
iced green tea in a bottle

pocky (i love this too much)
strawverry choco? (little cones that are pink and brown, come in a rectangular small box that open from the top, anyone help me out here?)
onigiri

kisu

Originally posted by kisu
sake
iced green tea in a bottle

pocky (i love this too much)
strawverry choco? (little cones that are pink and brown, come in a rectangular small box that open from the top, anyone help me out here?)
onigiri

kisu

I know what your talking about, I also really like Pocky and all those different kinds of candy/snacks that come with free toys (like ultra-man, hamtaro or whichever the product takes after, it's fun like Crackers Jacks but with coolers presents.) I went to Japan-street (supposed to be town,) when I was like 12 or 13 in San Fran and I bought my first Pocari Sweat and pretty much looted the whole candy row, I love japanese products, I don't know any other drink or food that gives me such a good inner-feeling from earting/drinking it, it's silly but true.

Josh

mmmm tuna and mayo onigiri......

raw tuna and salmon - yum!

anyone tried fugu? Nothing special really, just a delicasy.

niyasai udon from sobachaya - soo healthy and so yummy!😍

It's so easy to go to Japan and just eat western style food - maybe I would've tended to do that, but since on this meat-less, sugar-less, oil-less, milk-less diet I've had to eat healthy washoku - now I LOVE Japanese food even more ;)

Back
Top Bottom