What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Evangelion 2

SkaKid0911

先輩
Reaction score
Lol yes, that is a crazy idea. I dony know many kanji, but because the same ones are used a lot, then I am learning them that way. Also, I think you will pretty much get sick of the game by the first day or two lol. I would just suggest using flashcards for kanji, but then again, my suggestions dont mean crap lol.

Btw, how far are you in the game. I've only played it for 2 days so far, so I am only up to going to school for the first time. Translating takes a long time!

Kuro Matsuri

Sempai
Reaction score
I'm just a little farther than you, but I haven't been translating. I know how to read Hiragana (though I don't always understand it) and I can almost always understand Katakana. I know the meanings of nearly 40 Kanji (the pronunciation of maybe 15). The extent of my translation has been what I already knew. However, since I've seen the entire anime series, I pretty much know what's going on. I haven't played in a while though. 8 hour work days, DDR Extreme, Beatmania IIDX, and Final Fantasy XI severely suck up my free time.

SkaKid0911

先輩
Reaction score
ah, makes sense. Btw, in FFXI, do you know if it is possible to type in japanese, other than the few phrases it has in it? I couldn't figure out how, but I want to!

Kuro Matsuri

Sempai
Reaction score
I only wish I knew!! I can type in Japanese on my computer, but not in FFXI... it's a shame... Maybe if you had a Japanese PS2 keyboard? So, I assume that you play FFXI. In that case, what server are you on? I'm on the Titan server.

SkaKid0911

先輩
Reaction score
Yes, if you had a japanese keyboard you might, but most likely: ps2, game, and keyboard would have to be japanese. I'm on a PC though. I forget what server I'm on lol. I didnt play for a bit cuz I was doing other stuff, so I suspended my account for now, so I dont have to keep paying lol. lol its so hard to lvl once u hit like 13, or maybe I'm just lazy :)

EDIT: I'm guessing just the keyboard for ps2 wouldn't work, cuz i bet ps2 boards work the same way as pc keyboards. If thats the case, they work like each key is assigned a value, say A is value 1. On a j-keyboard the same key for A has a kana symbol on it, but has the same value. Then, in a japanese operating system, or an IME that you type each key is 1 kana, then it would be a kana. I hope I explained it understandably. That's why keyboard overlays (lil stickers with lil symbols on them) work.

SkaKid0911

先輩
Reaction score
BTW, exactly how far are you in the game?
Also, what is the highest you have gotton your AT, and how do you keep it up?
I can get mine to like 50, then it drops to like 46 right away.

Also, Ritsuko has the hots for me i think. Lol she always walks over right next to me when we're talking and stuff like that. Also, she gave me a 2nd NERV ID. What does it do? It's the same as the one I started with. Also, lol i stole a NERV Personnel ID from Misato's room, but I dunno what it does lol. If you know anything about this stuff, plz tell me.

SkaKid0911

先輩
Reaction score
Lol, that's fine. I think I figured some stuff out about the A.T. Moving between places, and not doing anything makes ur at drop, at least for me. Also, I found a way to quickly boost ur A.T., and that is make friends with everyone. The first time you talk to ppl you get like 3 at points, and then just be as friendly as possible. I had my AT at like 57 for a bit.

Kuro Matsuri

Sempai
Reaction score
Cool. I will eventually learn enough Japanese to seriously play this game, but mostly I just kinda pop it in every once in a while... play for like 15 minutes... and then put Beatmania IIDX back in. Still, it's nice to be able to talk with someone else who imports games!!

P.S. I go to college in a month. I'll be taking Japanese there...

SkaKid0911

先輩
Reaction score
Yeah. I started this thread a long time ago and somehow it turned into a like iron maiden manga thread.

Top Bottom