What's new

Downloading J-POP MP3's

Is there anyway to download directly from the net? Some ftp archive that has fallen down from heaven for instance? Or some nice urls? My provider has blocked all known p2p file sharing software, so I've been browsing the web like mad just to find the occasional audio or video file...Any suggestions anyone?

First of all, use Kazaa lite, mainly because I hate spyware...

I also recommend Soulseek for music (That's where I get alot of my underground electronica which is generally very hard to find)

*sigh* Mp3 finding has gotten harder overall no thanks to the fall of the mighty Audiogalaxy...

Hello there,

I think building connections and doing things via FTP has been pretty unbeatable so far.

I'm not sure if many of you know, but in Japan there are many places to rent Japanese CDs. All of my friends like to copy them to MDs or CDs for their car stereo or train ride. It's pretty cheap in my opinion.

Converting something like that to MP3 and using FTP is probably the best way to go.

I'm not advocating piracy here, but merely explaining a manner that I've seen done. At least that's what my Japanese colleagues have done anyway.

I myself have looked at the newsgroups, kazaa, etc. and haven't found much at all really. You also have to consider quality too. Audiogalaxy was great when it was on top, but oh well those things don't last forever.

There's also some nice Japanese online Radio Stations around too. I listen to the stations in Japan, but the Internet can also provide some decent J-music to all living abroad.

Enjoy!

Ricoche

Does any one know how to use Emule? I'm getting kinda confused. There are soo many servers. It totally different than Kazaa because of all the severs.

Thanks.

You shouldn't worry too much about all the servers. Emule connects to one automatically on startup and it usually selects the first one that lets him in.

These servers are interconnected. When you do a search, the client first looks at the server it's already connected to. When you have the Search Globally ticked, it also starts looking for those files on other servers.

There are servers, however, that won't let anyone connect without a password. These are usually genre specific servers who only want to spread their files among fans of that genre. That's not to be elitist, but only to ensure the fastest downloads and widest availability for the files they're sharing. You should check the forums at Sharereactor to get in touch with the people running those servers.

But for plain downloading it's quite easy. Just do a search and click the doubleclick the file you want to download.

yeah, heard about the rental cd shops, and have visited some in the past, but also heard that some of the cds now have copy protections....even though I've also seen those same albums out on winmx just after they are released, so I don't think much about the so-called copy protection that is out there.....not that I'm advocating piracy either....just saying it as it is...

If you own any copy protected CDs... you CAN do this....

My friend did this to his Cybertrance CDs (which all have that copy protection now) and he says he can rip the CDs, and make them Mp3s...

cloneCD works but then again, it all depends if your hardware is supported. if it does, you don't have to fuss with sharpies which really is risky for most. i rip my cds because mp3 is more portable and can have most of my collection on 1 cd, instead of carrying 110+ cds to work. heh

There is also a site in the UK called Limewire, I use it quite a bit.. it is great for sampling info and programs before you buy. It is a free download with an option of going PRO.

ah, I use
DC for anime
WinMX for music
KaZaaLite for programs
I want something better, so ill try out eMule, and I'll try to learn IRC and maybe the other stuff.

i use soulseek to get me songs and video's its very good. i can find the stuff i haven't found on other things. but i would much rather get the CD's

For anyone looking for a website to download Jpop MP3s from, try this site -->
http://www.geocities.com/hyde_angeltale/main2.html
Scroll down by the grey menu to the MP3 section. Click on this link and you'll find a list of probably every L'arc en Ciel and hyde song in existence, including some harder to find ones, for download. If you go down to the bottom of this page there's a link that says more Jrock/pop downloads from other bands. This site has a ton of MP3s!! They aren't the best quality but they seem to download quickly. I have almost all of them and I haven't run into any broken links yet which seems to be a problem with most sites...

I use WinMX with good effort...
But there are warnings already, that the US Music industry RIAA starts looking for sharers on WinMX as well...
If this is really true, it may well be closed down like AudioGalaxy...

www.jalana.com
is where you can find some anime songs once a while....
not much, but bettrer than nothing ^^

I'm not sure if WinMX can be shut down, as there aren't any central servers. Could be wrong though.
If it does go down, we're left with Edonkey (or Emule), which certainly can't be shut down.

I'm not sure if the RIAA will bother with Japanese artists anyway. There is of course the Japanese RIAA, but i don't think they're as aggressive as their American colleagues

found this new site....or old site....tis a Chinese site with jpop stuff....but I can't read Chinese... :(
http://jk.chinamp3.com/
i think they have downloads available....but probably best to virus scan if they are downloadable.. :O

as a follow-up...also found this site...
http://book-i.net/jking/
all in japanese, with possible links in the bbs stuff.....

also, this link does seem to have downloaded from time to time...
http://www.jpopwind.com/index.htm

Just a few programms... there are a lot... 😌
-WinMX (good)
-iMesh (<== much better than Morpheus)
-ShareBear (<== too old)
-Kazaa (good as well)
-WinGate
(-eMule <== good for movies^^)

Well, I had problems with many download programmes. I usually download JPop and JRock videos and songs, and I tried with EDONKEY, but it takes too much loading... I tried with WINMX, but it takes too many downloading files (anyway, there are many jpop and jrock files... more than Kazaa), and I finally tried with KAZAA, and well, there aren't too many files but, I think it's the best for me at the moment. Anyway, I gotta get a secure Kazaa version (can anyone help me with this?).
I'm not sure if I'll download Kazaa or WinMX this time. What do you think, guys?
Thank you very much!

For a secure version of Kazaa, you should download Kazaa Lite. Apparently, all spyware has been removed from that one, but i can't vouch for it, as i don't use Kazaa myself.

I personally think WinMX is the better choice for downloading Japanese music. Both MP3 and video files, but it helps if you can stay connected to the internet 24/7. The more you are online, the more chance you have of getting the files you want.

Mind you, there are also tons of files available on Usenet. It might seem a bit complicated to use at first, but the rewards are great.

Ok!

Konnichiwa! Twisted sama, thank you very much 🙂
I'll see Kazaa Lite later, and I'll download and use it, I'll see if I finally gonna download WinMX or I gonna use Kazaa Lite.
Really, again, thank you because of your answer!
I'll tell you how was it all 👍

I got it!

Hello, it isn't a very long message, but...
Thank you very much 🙂 I got Kazaa Lite, and it is ok downloading songs. I didn't try videos yet. There are many songs, but I think there are many songs with WinMX and more than Kazaa, as I said :) but I like Kazaa 😄
Thank you very much!
I keep your help... thank you!

Back
Top Bottom