What's new

Do you believe that dreams can tell you something?

Ma Cherie

Your Goddess is here
24 Mar 2004
I was just wondering if anyone pays attention to their dreams. I believe that dreams could mean a lot of things. Dreams can be predictions sometimes, or omens even. At times dreams can be quite strange, simpy becuase you see objects that are out of place in your enviroment. At one point I had a dream that I was roller skating at a local rink, what was odd about the dream is that there was no roof and I could see the blue sky. To make even more odd was that everyone was wearing white robes.
I didn't understand what this dream meant, but it was probably telling something nonetheless.

So, anyway I was wondering what do you think about your dreams?

I keep a blog of my dreams. I believe it will tell something in the long run, if you learn to analyze your dream. Chinese says 窶愿コ窶猫ツ焦?ナスv, 窶禿ゥ窶猫ツ焦?窶督イ[ri you suo si, ye you suo meng], the dream at night is the reflection of what you think during the day. The study of dreams is the discovery of your true self. Search for Lucid dreams on Google, and see how you can benefit from dreams.

ax

Last edited:
ax said:
Chinese says 日有所事, 夜有所夢[ri you suo shi, ye you suo meng], the dream at night is the reflection of what happened during the day.
ax

I agree with you Ax! This is totally true! I do have lots of dreams that have things i think about at days! hahahah!

made a mistake 😌
it supposed to be 窶愿コ窶猫ツ焦?ナスv[ri you suo si]

ax

My Dreams....

always seem to be a combination of things I'm worried about. No big mysteries to figure out; usually just nonsenseicle mixes .

Frank

:eek:

My dreams show me with my friends most of the time. Actually, last night I had one of the best dreams ever. Something about singing the zelda theme with my friends during a music competition and playing in an arcade with my buddy Marc. and then Iw as talking to a super hot latin guy I know. He kissed me on the cheek. It was nice. 😍
I usually dream about guys that want to be with me, but I never can. It makes me sad.

Sometimes dreams can simple reminders of what you are going to in the near future. It doesn't have to be anything big, something like you may be visiting a friend, or you're going a trip.

Nice qoute by the way, Ax. 👍

silver angel said:
He kissed me on the cheek. It was nice. 😍
I usually dream about guys that want to be with me, but I never can. It makes me sad.

Hey! I always have this kind of dreams too! Last night i had Colin Farrell! He's so hot! But i can't be with him too... He doesn't like me...

ax said:
I keep a blog of my dreams. I believe it will tell something in the long run, if you learn to analyze your dream. Chinese says 窶愿コ窶猫ツ焦?ナスv, 窶禿ゥ窶猫ツ焦?窶督イ[ri you suo si, ye you suo meng], the dream at night is the reflection of what you think during the day. The study of dreams is the discovery of your true self. Search for Lucid dreams on Google, and see how you can benefit from dreams.

ax

yes it is true
so if you think about a girl you wanna have sex with
at night you shes gonna be in your dream

I keep dreaming about spiders. Of course, since I don't like them, I always wake up with a fright. Wonder what that says about me. ☝

my dreams are completely lucid, including every sense except taste. i can recall almost everything, and they are nearly cinematic visually speaking. the subject matter is completely random, depending on what type of mood i was in when i went to bed. sometimes they are profound, or apocalyptic in nature. one time i observed a small passenger plane crash during the ninteen 40's, into the hudson river, just outside of nyc. i was then brought into a first person view of a 5 yr old boy who was unharmed, but was underwater, looking around for some reason. the water was so clear i could see for fathomless depths outward, downward, etc. i looked up, to the surface of the water, and saw a growing red glow. my point of view quikly changed to an objective bystander, and i could see what it was. it was a column of angels decending out of the clouds on horses made of fire, funnling towards the waters surface like a tornado. there were thousands of them. my point of view switched back to the boy underwater.
i watched as the red glow got closer and closer, until finally they breached the water. the last thing i was was a flaming red hoof in my face, and that was the end of the dream. wierd huh? i think it had some meaning behind it, but i try to be objective about my dreams because they are aways so vivid and real feeling, and after all, the brain operates differently (alpha, theta, and beta wavforms change) while you are asleep.
i have however had some extemely profound dreams that i think deffinately have some form of reasonable meanings behhind them. i interpret them in my own way, based around my emotions, desires, goals and asperations, but sometimes they are just plain weird, but always themed for some reason.

A fascinating topic. Most of the time, I don't remember my dreams, and what few I do have are usually flashbacks to my past, like my years in the Navy. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that dreams can tell a person something important. There are still plenty of mysteries in this world, especially in our own minds.

Whoa! That sounded absolutely metaphysical! Whatever that means! :D

I think dreams give me de ja vu. I do believe that dreams do mean something. I just don't know what. Dreams are quite amazing to me. I wish to study more about them. The mind is just so amazing.

The science/psychology of dreams is very interesting, i remember learning a lot about dreams while doing psychology at college when i was a teenager.

Whatever the purpose of dreams though, i am glad i have them. I dream every night, and like babar-san they feel very real/lucid while i am having them.

I dreamt a lot before it actually happened, wrote it down, painted it, and it was in fact pretty correct and continuous even.
Yes, it works, definitely. I described some on other places, plus have according pictures and facts around all this. And I like it!
Even Einstein worked this way, several times, and very well believed in it.
We would not even have his relativity theory without it!

If you are listening to dreams, they will tell you something, if not, not. . .as easy as that;-)

Its about the same with people.

I actually got some very fine ones lately, could not have been more clear. . .
Here is one:
I was picked up by some, that remembered me, they were very happy to see me again, and then I had a jolly good time being invited to a big table outside on a kind of balcony of a wonderfull house on a hill, overlooking a lakeside with lots of more great people coming, on a sunny day. A big meal was prepared for us all. I was coming home, in a way, to a group of likeminded ones. I was wondering about that dream. . .

Now I know exactly, what that means and just get the according wonderfull surprise messages, on a sunny day. :)

I had no idea, that no one forgot and was only waiting for me to join in once more. . .I am a bit in tears, of joy, of course! I was far too humble. . .too long in the past. Here they are again, so am I.

See you!

Of course dreams have meanings. It's your imagination turning your thoughts and worries into stories.

Sometimes I think the meanings are obvious. I once had a dream about an old man beating my mum with a stick. I think that means I'm worried about my parents getting old.

Some are not quite so obvious. I once dreamt that I was driving along a coastal road which ended abruptly. I slammed on the brakes too late and plunged into the sea. As soon as I woke I realised I could have steered the car inland, but that never occurred to me in the dream. I think that one is trying to tell me that I'm too rigid and that I should try to think of alternative solutions instead of giving up.

When I'm awake I'm a very logical person, almost to the point of seeming like a Vulcan. But in my dreams, logic is almost completely suspended. I wonder why that is?

Logic is somewhere else in your brain, than the films at night, thats why ;-)

Except, you are a lucid dreamer, then you can merge the sides and direct the dreams to a certain extend, but much further than in real live.

Thats actually great fun! Highly recommended!

👍

🎊

📣

Concerning dreams, there's been many many theories, the Freudian point of view being probably the most popular. For some psychologist, dreams are rehearsals for event that might happen in your life and for others it's the expression of your unconscious desire.

There are currently five contemporary theories which are:
- The Freudian Theory : Dreams are expression of unconsciously unfulfilled desires
- The Jungian Theory : Dreams are the reflection of a collective unconscious common to all of mankind
- The Cognitive Theory: Dreams are the continuation of our everyday cognitive processes
- The physiological Theory: Dreams are a random combination of neural signals
- The Evolutionary Theory: Dreams gives the opportunity to rehearse potential threatening events

Although I have seen all these points of view, none of them did really convince me and there is still no proof of what dreams really are.

Still, it is funny to observe how the modern occidental culture views dream when thinking about how it is perceived by some older cultures (Native Americans for example). Indeed, some cultures encourage people to dream even if they have to take some weird substances while the occidental culture is more anchored to the reality.

Personally, I take dreams as I would take movies and I welcome them more than anything since they are a source of entertainment to me. Still, sometimes it's scary how accurate our dreams can be...it personally happened to me only a couple of time but still that leaves a weird impression...

ax

that's true, in psychology dreams are considered distorted messages that come from previous experiences that has been stored in the subconcious. They are not predictions or premonitions.

that's true, in psychology dreams are considered distorted messages that come from previous experiences that has been stored in the subconcious. They are not predictions or premonitions.

Thats already proven to be wrong, via syaesthesia for example. We very well can see forwards, as can a gardener, when seeing a sprout, knowing what plant will grow from it. It works pretty much the very same way.
Our brain collects and sends deeper signs than in "reality", the dream is the expressing screen/medium for such messages, as simple as that.

And, Dreamer, there is only one part in your quoted points (not your view, no offence or critic thus, if so, then to the ones, who say as you rightly realised), that I doubt very much, the others are all a part of the whole indeed, so is this, but just a part only, not all there is (which is, why it bugs me. . .):

The physiological Theory: Dreams are a random combination of neural signals

This is funny, because it also shows the ignorance and misunderstanding of many of them about what is going on.
One could as much say, a painter has many colours and uses them only randomly, which he sometimes does, but by far not all the time and in general.;-)

But this will show in the future anyhow, the picture is already changing.

And, Dreamer, there is only one part in your quoted points (not your view, no offence or critic thus, if so, then to the ones, who say as you rightly realised), that I doubt very much, the others are all a part of the whole indeed, so is this, but just a part only, not all there is (which is, why it bugs me. . .):
This is funny, because it also shows the ignorance and misunderstanding of many of them about what is going on.
One could as much say, a painter has many colours and uses them only randomly, which he sometimes does, but by far not all the time and in general.;-)
But this will show in the future anyhow, the picture is already changing.

Well somehow that's why I am saying that none of these theories seems satisfying to me :)
From what I recall about my class, for this specific theory, they did some brain scans on people while they were dreaming and noticed some alternate "random" changes in neural activity.

Still, I wonder why we are looking for an explanation and do not just accept dreams just as they are :)

Back
Top Bottom