What's new

Catholic terminology in Japanese

healer

Sempai
13 May 2019
Is it somewhere on the net that one can see sacraments, feast days, mass in Japanese language? Preferably they are bilingual.

Not bilingual, but hopefully useful

Note also the links at the bottom of that page. They should also be useful to you.

The best thing I can think of is contact a Catholic school in Japan like Fukuoka Futabagakuen.

This video shows they have native English-speaking teachers, who should be able to get you some information in English.

Also, a search on Google brings up numerous Catholic churches in Tokyo.

Last edited:
I would add I know that some of the Catholic churches in Tokyo have people who speak English and can provide assistance in English.

And for something entirely off-topic, I think the Roppongi Church in Tokyo has a wonderful live sing-along concert of Haydn's Messiah Hallelujah Chorus, early in the soon-to-begin Christmas season. (I attended it years ago.) Be prepared to sing! (Everybody who can sing the bass part please raise your hand...) When I was there, they did an excellent job, with only a piano as accompanyment.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Your info does help. I don't live in Japan. The reason I asked because when I learn a language I would like to use it in the meantime as much as possible regardless of mistakes I could make. I often grab the chance as much as possible to write in the language or even think in the language. I'm a Catholic so sometimes I would need the terminology for writing my schedules and so on.

Back
Top Bottom