What's new

Question Car warning translation

Patrick tz

Registered
26 Feb 2022
What does this japanese warning in the photo mean? (Toyota Raum)

Attachments

• 20220226_111734.jpg
    20220226_111734.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 125
Hope whatever it is , it's cheap to fix. My Subaru check engine light came on yesterday. Turns out squirrels chewed the wires under the hood and to replace them is around $1300 US. UGH!

I thought it mentions the actual problem of the car.
The manual says that it is actually a serious problem of the car. You need to stop driving the car, and contact the dealer immediately. Isn't another warning sign displayed? It shows the real reason of the warning.

次の警告灯が点灯したときは、ただちに安全な場所に停車し、同時に点灯または点滅した警告灯を確認し、トヨタ販売店に連絡してください。

"販売店に連絡"警告灯
車両に何らかの重大な異常が発生し、トヨタ販売店に連絡していただく必要があるとき点灯します。
同時に異常が発生したシステムの警告灯も、点灯または点滅します。

販売店に連絡"警告灯が点灯したときは
1 ただちに安全な場所に停車します。
2 同時に点灯または点滅している警告灯を確認します。
3 トヨタ販売店に連絡し、処置方法を確認してください。

警告灯が点灯したときは、車両に何らかの重大な異常が発生していますので、ただちに安全な場所に停車し、トヨタ販売店に連絡してください。警告灯が点灯したまま放置すると、車両の故障や、思わぬ事故につながるおそれがあり危険です。

知識
警告灯について
エンジンスイッチをONにすると点灯し、エンジンをかけると消灯します。
次の警告灯のいずれかが点灯または点滅したとき、同時に点灯します。
・SRSエアバッグ/プリテンショナー警告灯
・ブレーキ油量警告灯
・ドアロック異常警告灯
・充電警告灯
・油圧警告灯
・高水温警告灯(赤色)

EDIT:
Probably it's one of the signs in the red circles in the following picture. (Judging from your photo, maybe it's the left end one ドアロック異常警告灯 Door Lock Warning?)
display.jpg

If you can get access to an OBD2 sensor reader you can look up the code and figure out what's wrong, or take it to a mechanic and ask them to check the code for you

If you can get access to an OBD2 sensor reader you can look up the code and figure out what's wrong, or take it to a mechanic and ask them to check the code for you
I have never been to Tanzania so not sure what resources you have. In the US we can even get some auto part stores to read it for us.

OBD2 sensor readers as he calls them are very cheap in the US, I have a dongle version so I can connect to a laptop or phone for various software depending on what car I am looking at

Those plug in readers do work pretty good. A light came on in my Subaru and the guy plugged in the reader. He came and asked me about my shifter and I was having trouble getting it in gear. I was impressed it took him only about 2 minutes to find the problem. The big wheel-in computer analyzers don't seem as good. One time my engine was running so bad the car was shaking and black smoke was coming out of the exhaust. The guy comes out and says the computer says there is nothing wrong , LOL. Turned out to be the O2 sensor.

Back
Top Bottom