What's new

Banned from Japan

Hi guys!
I'm just back from Taiwan....
What can I say... It was an incredible experience but at the same time an inner sadness was consuming me....
To me Taiwan (nature, hot springs, speed train, etc.) looked to me100% like Japan (much cheaper, though).
In Taipei I felt more like in Hakata / Fukuoka rather than in Tokyo: developed but not as chaotic as Tokyo.

BUT... there is always a big BUT... Rather than enjoying it, I felt depressed most of the times... The feeling to be in a "Japanese-like" Country it reminded me mainly all those bad days.... In short: bad memories are hard to delete...
On the contrary my girlfriend loved it, more than Japan itself.... She felt like at home... I was a bit shocked.

But at the same time I understood that eastern asian countries are a closed chapter for me... I'm in love with ASEAN countries (south east asia). They are compatible 99% to my personality and needings.

I'm lost... How can I tell my gf, that...yes... it was a nice trip but that it reminded me that I'm over with those Countries?
Should I break up with her? Is she just wasting her time with me?

I have 3 passports (all from caucasian and powerful countries) which grant me a great business and freedom.
In short: I can travel all over the world (except japan) and don't really care about money. coz ain't working for money...rather, money works for me (real estates)... MEANS I HAVE A GREAT CHOICES WHERE TO LIVE. nothing else.

i'm humbly asking for a simple advice... what a hell should i do?
should i simply tell her to follow me in EU or Australia (3rd citizenship)?

She is Asian and love Asia... I could tell by her eyes. I never saw her that excited, like in Taipei....

P.S. People think that Japanese immigration is picky... hahahahahahahah....
at the Airport I got fingerprinted, face scanned and iris scanned. Unbelievable!
Than the officer asked me:
1- first time?
2- why did you come?
3- how long are you gonna stay here?
4- where are u going to stay?
4- why do you live in Bangkok?
5- Why did you came alone (what?), then i introduced mt gf...
6- and she finally smiled... what?

whatever....

It was the FIRST country where I had to scan AGAIN my fingerprints, face and iris before leaving Taiwan.
Compared to Taiwan, Japan it's still much more permissive!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I got your point...
but she would rather die than lose me (we have our reasons).

even unofficially, she feel married to me... and I love her more than myself, coz beside my parents, she is the only one who is on my side, no matter what happens.
So moving on, it's out of discussion...

she told me, several times that if she will lose me, she will rather become a buddhist nun (long story...).
NO WAY!!!

ahhhh....

mdchachi: thanks a lot for your opinion....

Huh... you seemed so as in I want her so badly!!!! And now asking us what to do and if you should break up?

You make it look as if you have so many options , then start to make decisions or calm down a bit with your thoughts.

Well at least you can stop going to lawyers, since you don't even wanna go to Japan anymore.

Taipei might look like Japan, but the more south you go, the less it looks like Japan. Tainan or Kaohsiung for example is nothing like Japan to me.

How about Malaysia? It's southeast asia, while your gf can enjoy KL, and nearby Singapore as a Japan-like metropolis.

Anyway, you should choose between love and the country where you want to live. That choice is yours alone to make.

Then why did you ask in the first place? 😄

I hope you seriously talked with her about your options going forward.

Hahahaha... I noticed that later...
I'm just overly confused right now: too many choices ahead... but also too many responsibilities I should consider... her feelings and so on... she is not toy...

She knows my feelings. but seems not worrying much... she always keeps repeating me: " Don't worry. Forget about it. Past it's past! One day you'll be over it... Just give it time and enjoy the present! "
She is so optimistic about everything. That's one of the main reasons why i'm in love with her so much. She is a natural anti-depressant. :)

Well at least you can stop going to lawyers, since you don't even wanna go to Japan anymore.

For the next 10 years or so... But it will come the day I'll have to get in, no matter of what, to take care of her parents... Family duties comes in first place, always.
I hope that by that time JP immigration laws will become less strict compared to now (new generation, younger and more open-minded politicians).

For example, I read weeks ago about a Country (but geez i forgot which one), that they made immigration laws more strawberry: before, people with over 1 year of sentence couldn't get in. Recently they changed it to 3 years. So if it would be Japan, I would be barely on the line of re-entering without problems, once the sentence will be extinguished (Feb 2018).
Let's see and give it a hope...

Taipei might look like Japan, but the more south you go, the less it looks like Japan. Tainan or Kaohsiung for example is nothing like Japan to me.

How about Malaysia? It's southeast asia, while your gf can enjoy KL, and nearby Singapore as a Japan-like metropolis.

yes. you are right. We went to Kaohsiung for a 1-day trip by the speed train.
It was an amazing place, but I felt like in ancient China rather than Japan. :)
But that's not a problem, since if we'll move there, it will be Taipei for sure.
We even went to check some condominium in Dingpu stn.
As I wrote on the reply @mdchachi , she keeps telling me, with a lot of confidence:
"Just give it time and enjoy the present! You'll get over it one day. I believe that!"

I wanna believe it, too. Let's see... :)
Remain the fact that i am still "work-in-progress" with my mental rehab... so I'm still confused, I contradict myself several times, change ideas often...

And i wanted to give an update to you all.
You were so nice to me, by bringing me back to Earth, that i felt obligated to let you know about the progresses we are making together. :)

Anyway, you should choose between love and the country where you want to live. That choice is yours alone to make.

It's not a matter to choose between love and country... rather to choose between FAMILY and which country to move in...
So, by saying that, you might already know my position about that. :)

I thought you said she couldn't leave Japan though. And with you unable to enter Japan, it seems a big obstacle. Obviously if she can leave and you can both live in a place like Taipei, that would be great.
Thanks for reporting back. I hope it works out.

I thought you said she couldn't leave Japan though. And with you unable to enter Japan, it seems a big obstacle. Obviously if she can leave and you can both live in a place like Taipei, that would be great.
Thanks for reporting back. I hope it works out.

We figured out a temporary solution. And Taipei it's just about a 3-hours direct fight to Tokyol
So it will be easy for her to go, every 1-2 months, to visit her parents.
The only matter, right now, it's that i'm not mentally prepared to live again in Eastern Countries.
However, I'll try to do my best...
For the moment, we'll stick in Thailand until July 2017, for sure.

p.s. as i said before i'm a bit worried when it will come the day, that her parents will be unable to take care themselves... maybe in the next 10 years or so... So nothing it's solved yet definitively... At least we "can breath" a little in the upcoming years, also with the hope that JP immigration, in the meanwhile will "soften" a bit.

You know, like, wow, words cannot express how impressed I am...

(and those are your exclamation points.)

@johnnyG
You are a so funny person. Everytime, I read your posts, you make me feel better A LOT. :)
Thank's to you, I'm aware now, that there are many people much more fu*k*d up in the head than I am, in this World.
Thank's a lot for giving me that awareness! I feel relieved now. ありがとうございます。:D

Google made an awesome job. So I posted the video. BUT... it's so shaky! It's an added effect made by Google photo software???

@johnnyG
You are a so funny person. Everytime, I read your posts, you make me feel better A LOT. :)
Thank's to you, I'm aware now, that there are many people much more fu*k*d up in the head than I am, in this World.
Thank's a lot for giving me that awareness! I feel relieved now. ありがとうございます。:D

Now 24 hours later, do you still stand behind this comment? Just curious.

Now 24 hours later, do you still stand behind this comment? Just curious.

Nope.... LOL!
I just noticed the "Show Ignored Content" link.... I didn't know about it. And then I saw that post... LOL :D

Sorry, it was stronger than me... Coz, when I read it, it just made me to laugh hard... Like: "C'mon man! Still here? Only with the intention to convey me negativity? Get a life, dude! Lol!". :D

But, I promise. I'll never click on that link anymore! Don't feed the troll... :D

We figured out a temporary solution. And Taipei it's just about a 3-hours direct fight to Tokyol
So it will be easy for her to go, every 1-2 months, to visit her parents.
i wish I had your money.

hello guys. I'm back.
To let you know some updates:

1- next week I'll be back to Taipei, looking for a condominium to rent (New Taipei area, to be exact).

2- things are going great (except for the fact that 3 days ago in JP, my gf encountered in a car accident: her gf overlooked a red light for some reasons. Result... 1 broken rib and 14 days prognosis... :( ).

3- I had some consultations with a very informed immigration's lawyer FOR FREE! (of course the next step will be paid, in case WE would like go forth, and we will!).
He clearly stated "the period of denial landing is INDEFINITE" , NOT permanent! (according to this PDF http://www.moj.go.jp/content/001140035.pdf ).
He stated that there is a HUGE difference between PERMANENT and INDEFINITE.
Indefinite implies: AT DISCRETION OF THE IMMIGRATION. And by his experience (and his old customers), many people who thought they were permanently banned, at least, after 10 years their ban was lifted.
The difference compared to a clean citizen is that, visa exemption is not valid anymore, but "WE" (me and my lawyer... The very moment when I'll have to pay his parcel...) have to obtain a visa at JP embassy before landing in JP (special permission of landing, up to 180 days, per time.).
Yeah, a pain in the ***, I admit...
BUT... compared to a permanent ban, doesn't it sound great???

Hey @Hope&Faith, good to hear from you again, we appreciate the updates as you go forward, as your experiences could be beneficial to others as well. Is your lawyer in Taipei? You mentioned that you would need to get special permission for both of you, so I guessed that you would be flying your lawyer with you to Japan to argue your case? And would you be arguing your case in the near future, or would you have to (or be better off) waiting until the absolute ban is lifted? In other words, do we have to subscribe to this thread for 10 years for the exciting conclusion? ;)

sorry to hear about your gf's accident, I hope she heals quickly!

So, after 4 months you finally decided to get legal advice. What the hell took you so long? (only half kidding)

You punched a policeman and amid a couple of long initial posts, you said this about the consequences:
"i got a 5-years probation, which means: you'll behave for the next 5 years and the "crime" will be be extinguished."

I don't see where anyone mentioned that you were banned permanently, so I guess this legal advice (if it's sound) only confirms that. Good. Keep your nose clean, and use your avatar (Hope & Faith) when you apply for entry next time. Everything is still up to immigration and the Dept. of Justice, but I wouldn't expect to see the light of Japan for at least those 5 years. If things happen differently, let us know.

Hy folks. Good news,i just got a hot update from embassy. From March 2018 (when probation will be extinguished), I'll be able to go Japan again. But under certain rules.
First I'll have to go to JPY embassy, sign a letter where I swear a good behavior and my gf too (as a guarantee) , then wait couple months to receive a special entry permit of 15 days.
Wow!
Every time I'll wish to go ,that will be the procedure.
If in the next 10 years nothing will happen again, then everything will be wiped out.
My lawyer, said anyway, that's case by case. So can't assure for others.sorry, my bad.

P.s. Funny thing is that I don't care about japan, anynore.lol. I'll just go there for the sake of my family there.
I'm in love with Taiwan now. Especially the east side.

Sorry for the typos, I just bought an ASUS ZenFone 3 (Taiwan stuff,lol) at a bargain and ain't feel familiar with ZenUI keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom