What's new

Are you afraid of the dark?

Are you afraid of the dark?

• Total voters
when i was younger i used to be so afraid of the dark that i would run and jump in bed to hide from the demons swooping down on my head.

adrenaline! yay!

no seriously, i prefer to see stuff if im not familiear with the environment or in control of the situation :D especially since i predestined to hit my head on the ceiling and stuff that hangs around there (2 meter / 6'8" )

When I started this thread, I wasn't really referring to being out in nature. I don't really consider being in a field at night being in the dark. There is too much residual light from the horizon, or from the moon and stars. I grew up in the country, and I am very comfortable with nature no matter what time of day. (actually I used to do a lot of hunting at night and in the early morning hours.)

More of what I was referring to is coming in from your car to a dark home, or when you first shut off the lights going to sleep...that time before your eyes adjust. My boys tend to be a little afraid of both. I never had this problem when I was little, so I was just wondering what others thought. Thanks for all of the responses.

Frank D. White said:
Wouldn't it be cool if all the JREF members could sit around a campfire swapping stories and getting to know each other! I'm planning on meeting 2 of our members on vacation this May in D.C. .
Miss A7 on the left & Misa.j on the right! Pass me a hotdog bun !

Frank

😊

WOW!! How cosy....let's sing "cumbaya my lord....." 😊 I play the guitar.....and you guys are lead singers....ok?;-) 😊

Miss_apollo7 said:
WOW!! How cosy....let's sing "cumbaya my lord....." 😊 I play the guitar.....and you guys are lead singers....ok?;-) 😊

I'm all for that, Miss A., but don't ask me to sing! I'd make William Hung sound like Pavarotti!

:D :D :D :D :D

There are certain times when I don't like going into dark basements, although usually that's only unfinished ones. However, I like it really dark for when I'm sleeping and I have no problem walking to Tim Horton's for coffee at 2AM.

hey misa J. Can I come too. I can tell stories

Though being afraid of the dark, is considered childish by some people. I find the dark, comforting. I can see really well, in the dark.

imagine a hudge spider has made a cobweb above your bed.

would you remove it, because of the idea, the spider could... come down to you- in the dark?

Back
Top Bottom