What's new

All about me....

Azaezl

Fish addict
27 May 2006
Hello everyone 🙂
I'm new, well sort of, I signed up here a long time ago, completely forgot about this place until I found it hidden in the depths of my bookmarks :p
Little bit about me, if you'd like to know more feel free to ask me :)
Music - I love music and I love most types of music except chart pop, hip hop, R n B and all that stuff. I'm mainly into metal / rock but I also enjoy jazz, 50's / 60's rock n roll, 80's pop, 70's disco & classical. I've been listening to alot of Dir en grey, Unsraw, Thee michelle gun elephant, nine inch nails, ministry & rammstein but the stuff I listen to changes on a weekly basis, they are today's most listened to but who knows tomorrow I may fancy some sisters of mercy, jimi hendrix & eddie cochran.
Films - Again I like a wide variety of films but I mainly watch things that are violent & bloody :D I love Riki Takeuchi & Tadanobu Asano, my favourite directors are Toshiaki Toyoda, Takashi Miike, David Lynch, David Cronenberg & Clive Barker.
Video Games - I love video games! At the moment I'm making my way through grand theft auto 4 and loving every minute of it!! I love most types of games except sport(well I like wii sports but that's different). I have mario kart as well so if anyone wants to swop numbers and have a race I'm up for that 👍
Fish - I'm a keen fishkeeper, I have 5 tanks running at the moment(4 of them planted) and hoping to setup a further 2 in the next couple of months. I have an assortment of corydoras, shrimps, goldfish & minnows. The new setup is going to be for some snakeheads and other predators!
I have other interests but those are my main ones that take up most of my time. That's all I can think of right now, if anybody would like to know anything more feel free to ask :)

That's a nice introduction you've got there... I like Takashi Miike as well, even though I do have to look the other way so now and then because it can be really &(&'%'(&#R$...

Enjoy your stay here at Jref, and I hope you won't leave us this time ;)

That's a nice introduction you've got there... I like Takashi Miike as well, even though I do have to look the other way so now and then because it can be really &(&'%'(&#R$...

Enjoy your stay here at Jref, and I hope you won't leave us this time ;)

Last edited:
Yookoso!

Welcome ^^

Wow Takashi Miike and Riki Takeuchi...you like yakuza and violence huh? :) David Lynch's films sure are...out there...although I've only seen Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive.

I'm a video game fan too although not as much as I used to be heh. I rented grand theft auto 4 but I'm not a big enough of a fan to buy it.

Anyhoo enjoy your stay!

Ja mata ne!

Thank you for the kind welcome's :)
dutch baka - Do you really find Miike's films so bad you have to turn away? Maybe I'm just sick n twisted but the more violence / perversion the better :)
kira - Yes I enjoy violence & yakuza films, very entertaining! David Lynch films used to be fantastic but his latest one inland empire really annoyed me, it was surreal for the sake of being surreal, he could have got the same point across if he'd dropped an hour from the film but no we had to endure the extra hour of weirdness, still love him though :p Twin peaks is one of my favourite TV series of all time!!

I remember Takashi miike-san had a cameo role in Hostel 2 which is kind of appropiate huh :p Although I'm not a big fan of gross out violent films, I did enjoy Battle Royale 2.

Twin peaks sure was something :) I wish TV these days could be as good as that show. I'm sure David Lynch's picture should be next to the definition of "eccentric" haha. I heard he even does things like putting dust balls in heating vents just so the shot could "feel right." I havent seen Inland Empire yet.

It was Hostel 1 :) the only reason I sat and watched that film was to see what little role he would play, very disappointing and predictable film. I enjoyed battle royale for reasons other then violence & blood, it had a very clever message in it, much like The Glamorous Life of Sachiko
I don't think TV will ever go back to the good old days, as the years go on TV will be filled with even more reality shows & chat shows and very few really good quality original programmes, such a shame.

🙂 Hi Yume, thank you for the welcome :) I'm also friendly but quite shy, at least in real life, on a forum I can talk alot(about certain things) but face to face I stay silent.

That's interesting. When I first meet someone I am very silent. But as I become good friends: I GET LOUD and gabby-ish. Well anyway: Nice to meetcha. See ya around.

It was Hostel 1 :) the only reason I sat and watched that film was to see what little role he would play, very disappointing and predictable film. I enjoyed battle royale for reasons other then violence & blood, it had a very clever message in it, much like The Glamorous Life of Sachiko
I don't think TV will ever go back to the good old days, as the years go on TV will be filled with even more reality shows & chat shows and very few really good quality original programmes, such a shame.

It is sad that TV has to go the cheap and nasty route...although I hear the British are obsessed with reality TV. Is that true? It seems these days I'm watching more J-Drama or American drama because the nearest to drama on TV these days is Home and Away or Neighbours -.-;;;

Yes britain does seem obsessed with reality shows(and quiz shows), you have the usual pop idol, x factor, big brother and then silly things like 'celebrities on ice' or whatever the daft programme is called, it's basically washed out 'stars' who are trying to make a comeback and go on shows like that(and ballroom dancing ones) to become popular again.
I think the funniest thing I ever saw advertised wasn't actually a british show but an american one, 'america's psychic challenge' I think it's called, they are holding some sort of competition to find america's no.1 psychic....why hold the competition if they are so psychic they must know they are the winner so where's the competition 😏 :p
Neighbours & home and away are still on over here but I'm not sure who watches them anymore, they were doing so badly they've been relegated to 'channel 5' home of the after hours erotic films and really really cheap quiz shows :D

Yeah I loathe both home and away and neighbours. We have that stupid "Dancing with the stars" which should be "Dancing with B-grade stars" and of course Big brother which annoys me to no end. The talent is drying up so quickly here for Australian idol that the judges are looking for talented ex-pats in LA and the UK! How rediculous is that! That America's psychic challenge is pretty funny though hahaha, you would think that they would all know who would win in the end XD.

Gawd I know more about reality TV shows and I dont even watch them! AHHHHHHHHHH!

Gawd I know more about reality TV shows and I dont even watch them! AHHHHHHHHHH!
That's advertising for you, they somehow get the message into your brain and make it stick :p usually with some sort of annoying yet very catchy music and / or catchphrase.

Hello there, I'm into metal/rock too (and other stuff) and love Japanese/Korean movies. Glad to have you aboard, hope you have a good time here and learn a bunch of new things as I have.
👍

P.S. British weather's gone abit nuts nowadays eh? 😊

Hi Jericho 🙂 thanks for the welcome :)
What sort of movies do you like?
The weather has indeed gone mad, it's way too hot for my liking but then again I am a winter person, it's darker for longer!

You crazy brits and your freezing weather :p I had british guests once and it was only 25 degrees C outside and they were boiling :p

Hi Jericho 🙂 thanks for the welcome :)
What sort of movies do you like?
The weather has indeed gone mad, it's way too hot for my liking but then again I am a winter person, it's darker for longer!
Ok I'll list a few,
Fighter in the Wind (awesome Korean flick),
Dead or Alive 1 and 2: Birds (2nd one I like abit more, I've yet to see the last one),
Old Boy,
Battle Royale (2 was pretty bah...),
Seven Samurai (got to throw in the classic =D),
Azumi (heard the 2nd one was poor but haven't seen it yet),
Agitator (my fav Yakuza film)
Versus (that is one crazy *** film, so fun lol)
Mr.Socrates (really good)
Twilight Samurai/Hidden Blade/Love and Honor (awesome)
Zatoichi (the one with Takeshi Kitano not the old movies, haven't seen those yet)
and loads more...
I also like chinese kung fu movies like Drunken Master, Warriors Two, Iron Fisted monk etc.
👍

Back
Top Bottom