What's new

Abe must hate Japan

I think the real problem is bigger than Abe. Japan's politics have been turning hard right lately and China and Korea took notice. It's really a question of how well Japan's political leadership is in touch with reality in Asia-Pacific region. Given the lack of understanding of any language other than Japanese I think we can say it's "not very". Very worrying for Japan's future.

You're wasting your time with us Uncle Toms. Japan can do no wrong in our eyes.

Naturally you're welcome to your own opinions. The fact Abe is almost as hated as Kim Jong Un in South Korea sort of speaks for itself.

Edit:

About my Uncle Tom comments, I realize that was pretty inappropriate language to use, so I'd like to apologize to anyone reading this for those vitriolic remarks.

Japan should pursue better relations with its neighbors. If it comes to an outright war, the Japanese army would get clobbered senseless by the Chinese. It'd make Hitler's ransacking of France tame by comparison. Japan has become a decadent, elderly-ridden nation that got lazy with peace.
that is why it needs A-bomd like US's excuse in the past

article 9 has nothing to do with starting war.
most country does not have a such article 9 in constitution

I think the real problem is bigger than Abe. Japan's politics have been turning hard right

Just moving from exterm left to center
it is simple it is just Japanese people does not like to apologize it of 70 years ago anymore as a "good will". this is it

Last edited:
That's the price of unconditional surrender. As I said, this hasn't been your country for quite awhile... Japan has been little more than an American territory since 1945. It likely never will be more than that. Be grateful for the US protection and liberties you're given by your overseas client states.

Some of the crap I've been reading on this thread is absolutely ridiculous. If some of you really want to burn down Yasukuni then you might as well burn down the museum or memorial for American troops in Vietnam. We need to remember Yasukuni is for all those who were affected during the war regardless of whether you were convicted of crimes or not. There will always be war criminals in war so it's unavoidable. Classing war criminals is a joke anyways. Not only that, but I bet South Korea has their own set of war criminals. China and South Korea has been relentlessly bullying Japan over the Yaskuni and/or Comfort Women issue for years and years, b****ing and whining that they need compensation or a more proper apology when Japan already gave them enough apologies. Heck, Japan tried to give compensation before, but the S. Korean government didn't provide any kind of support for the program.

Aside from that, the comfort women controversy is a "half" joke. Some women really profited during the war and left with hundreds and thousands of cash in their pockets. There were proper licensed brothels back in WWII, don't get me wrong. So no, some Koreans weren't raped at all. A few were willing. You can't always trust those "sneaky Koreans," that is, "only those" who lied because they're too embarrassed to say the truth. Like I said, some really did came out of the war with loads of cash in their pockets.

Switches, all due respect, but you haven't said much of anything here.

If I were Vietnamese, I would deeply hate the Vietnam memorial: a tribute to the people who died destroying my home country. Of course, Vietnam has no power or influence over America, so America has no reason to consider the feelings of that country whatsoever. Japan will be living with China forever. And it may not always have the protection of America, if the Ron Pauls of the country get their way. So, at the very least, a sensible policy of the country is to have some respect and sensitivity to a country that, in the next decade, will be their strongest economic tie and be able to squash them like a bug. That's being pragmatic.

As for some women willingly prostituting, yeah, so what? That is not the controversy. The controversy is the ones who didn't. Unless you are stating for a fact that ALL women did so voluntarily, it really has nothing to do with the topic.

Some of the crap I've been reading on this thread is absolutely ridiculous. If some of you really want to burn down Yasukuni then you might as well burn down the museum or memorial for American troops in Vietnam. We need to remember Yasukuni is for all those who were affected during the war regardless of whether you were convicted of crimes or not. There will always be war criminals in war so it's unavoidable. Classing war criminals is a joke anyways. Not only that, but I bet South Korea has their own set of war criminals. China and South Korea has been relentlessly bullying Japan over the Yaskuni and/or Comfort Women issue for years and years, b****ing and whining that they need compensation or a more proper apology when Japan already gave them enough apologies. Heck, Japan tried to give compensation before, but the S. Korean government didn't provide any kind of support for the program.

Aside from that, the comfort women controversy is a "half" joke. Some women really profited during the war and left with hundreds and thousands of cash in their pockets. There were proper licensed brothels back in WWII, don't get me wrong. So no, some Koreans weren't raped at all. A few were willing. You can't always trust those "sneaky Koreans," that is, "only those" who lied because they're too embarrassed to say the truth. Like I said, some really did came out of the war with loads of cash in their pockets.

it is just politics. they do not care of it in reality until 80's
it is a tool or card of diplomacy in strategy against Japan.

Last edited:
I really thought Abe wouldn't go any lower than his petulant insistence on visiting Yasukuni, always wanting to reframe history, and just in general being useless to the health of the country.

Let's go to this press conference:
Abe says Japan's pacifist constitution may be revised by 2020 - Channel NewsAsia

Everything about this rubs the wrong way. Japan has the fifth biggest military in the world. Why would they need to be about more than self-defence? I've never met a Japanese who wasn't proud that their country was one with a self-defence policy. I even had a JSDF guy correct me that he wasn't army, when I mistakenly interchanged those words.

And the choice to declare it by Japan's Olympic year seems like a total baiting of China and Korea to protest through the event.

Then add to this:

Who in the region wants Japan to make more contributions to peace and stability? Maybe Taiwan? Possibly 100 years from now, Japan's neighbours will have moved on to other grudges. But for now, this move will lead to instability.

I found that article by accident, looking for something on this, which I'd planned to start a thread on:
Japanese Goverment Funds New Foreign Channel to Air Anime - News - Anime News Network

In the meantime, the government will spend millions (not so bad, maybe 20 yen per citizen) to create a propaganda network in South Asia. Not military propaganda per se, just something to make the very young have superficial positive associations with the country.

Add to that the horrible secrecy law they've already passed, and the future of Japan looks really really dark. Use the techniques of the future to push Japan into the past. It's not enough to make me renounce my citizenship to get a vote here, but it one day might if it keeps going this way.

He obviously has Shinto and Imperial House blessing according to this article: Japan PM Abe's base aims to restore past religious, patriotic values| Reuters

Back
Top Bottom