What's new

70s, 80s and Early 90s J-pop Singers (Matsuda Seiko, Nakamori Akina, etc.)

I need help finding a female singer from 80s or early 90s. All I remember is the cassette cover had a girl in pink and one of the songs' chorus "hoodadi hoodadi dada .....nan demasu." I know spelling is wrong, wish I could sing it for you. Anyways it was my grandma's and I listened to it all the time. She passed and the tape was lost.
Please help or any ideas how to search. I know, needle in haystack.

I was a child of the late 70's and the 80's, so all you kids out there, if you have any questions about the pop music from those decades, ask the geezer who knows!!

BTW, MY favorites were Iyo Matsumoto, Yumi Morio, Seiko Matsuda, Kyoko Koizumi, Yu Hayami and those wacky alien trio, Starboh.

I am old enough to clearly remember Pink Lady appearing on a variety show series in the US early in 1980. I looked forward to seeing them sing and dance but unfortunately the show didn't last long. I discovered them many years later on youtube and my favorite songs are Wanted, Sinbad and UFO. The early live versions sound even better than the recordings and of course also features their great dancing. Through their videos, I next discovered Momoe Yamaguchi who I also liked a lot with Cosmos being one my favorites. Then, one day, not sure how, I found my favorite singer from this period Akina Nakamori wqith such a fabulous vibratto. So many songs I enjoy like Desire, Jikai, Shojo, Tattoo, Blond and many others. I also really like Minako Honda from this period, like Oneway Generation. Even further back, one of my other favorites is Ayumi Ishida. More recent favorites are definitely Namie Amuro who fits just barely squeeze into the early 90's with the Super Monkeys with Mascot and Seaside USA and hitomi who started slightly later. Even more recent favorites are Kana Nishino, Shina Ringo, Ayumi Hamasaki, Leo Ieri, Yui and Mai Kuraki and Mika Nakashima.

They showed Pink Lady and Jeff in Saudi Arabia? That surprises me, they would release this internationally. Believe it or not they did a DVD release and I was silly enough to purchase it. It really is pretty bad but we did not have much Japanese TV access back then. What really got me later in 1980 was Shogun on NBC.

For old cassettes try youtube searches like 1980s JPOP if you add cassette there are some rips and mix tapes as well.

Hey, I'm interested in music from this time, if anyone wants to talk sometime; my Discord is NeetDude#7501 and you can private message me here.
I also have some unused invites for JPopsuki, a tracker where people (myself included) share their their music, in case anyone is interested.

Attachments

• R-13428054-1554019683-2365.jpeg.jpg
    R-13428054-1554019683-2365.jpeg.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I also like this kind of music, esp Akina Nakamori and the Momoe, if anyone wants to talk just message me on discord: NeetDude#7501.
I also have some unused invites for jpopsuki if anyone is interested...

i lived in OSAKA for 26 years in 1984 ,the hanshin tigers were the champions, and i listnen to Tatsuro yamashita excellent jazz fusion funcky music
shi

Hey, I also like this kind of music, esp Akina Nakamori and the Momoe, if anyone wants to talk just message me on discord: NeetDude#7501.
I also have some unused invites for jpopsuki if anyone is interested...
Hey I know i'm three years late but does the offer for the jpopsuki still stand??

Back
Top Bottom