What's new

40 years later, searching for Japanese half-brother

SandyLam

Registered
7 Jun 2021
Long story short. I am searching for half Japanese man named Vick, about 49 years of age. Mother's name is/was Karuko, who lived in Hiratsuka-shi, Kanagawa prefecture, Nakado, in 1980s.

I have a letter from mother with return address, but she did not include her last (family) name.

Vick's father was from New Jersey.

Unfortunately that is all the information I have. It would be so much easier if Vick's mother had included her family name on the return address. Not sure if I want to pursue writing to return address since much has changed since 1982. I assume Vick and his mother Kurako moved on with their lives.received_387018202654078.jpeg

This is the place that is the address (tho not with Tanabe Mansion).

It's five stories (so there could be a 501), but it looks newer than 40 years old. Also, it looks like an apartment building (where people would be renting) rather than a condo (that occupants would have purchased). My guess would be that they are not likely to be at that same address now.

Thanks JohnnyG. I figured as much. 40 years is a lifetime and universe ago. I thought perhaps I could use a Japanese search engine to look for either of them, i.e. such as People Finder in the states. But without a last name it is proving to be impossible.

For example, Vick in Japanese may be Bick. Etc.

Back
Top Bottom