What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

40 years later, searching for Japanese half-brother

SandyLam

Registered
Reaction score
Long story short. I am searching for half Japanese man named Vick, about 49 years of age. Mother's name is/was Karuko, who lived in Hiratsuka-shi, Kanagawa prefecture, Nakado, in 1980s.

I have a letter from mother with return address, but she did not include her last (family) name.

SandyLam

Registered
Reaction score
Vick's father was from New Jersey.

Unfortunately that is all the information I have. It would be so much easier if Vick's mother had included her family name on the return address. Not sure if I want to pursue writing to return address since much has changed since 1982. I assume Vick and his mother Kurako moved on with their lives. received_387018202654078.jpeg

johnnyG

先輩
Reaction score
This is the place that is the address (tho not with Tanabe Mansion).

It's five stories (so there could be a 501), but it looks newer than 40 years old. Also, it looks like an apartment building (where people would be renting) rather than a condo (that occupants would have purchased). My guess would be that they are not likely to be at that same address now.

SandyLam

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks JohnnyG. I figured as much. 40 years is a lifetime and universe ago. I thought perhaps I could use a Japanese search engine to look for either of them, i.e. such as People Finder in the states. But without a last name it is proving to be impossible.

For example, Vick in Japanese may be Bick. Etc.

Top Bottom