What's new

ストレスがたまって /僕ばっかりじゃないですか / やっぱり / 冗談です / なか

eeky

先輩
8 Jun 2010
Hi,

1. 足立さんは、ストレスがたまってどうなりましたか。

Does this mean "How did Adachi-san feel (lit. become) when the stress built up?" or "How did Adachi-san's stress build up?" I'm leaning towards the former, but not 100% sure...

2. Two people are in a bar.

A: あれ、本田さん、どうしたんですか。元気がないで すね。
B: えっ?うーん・・・。
A: それに、さっきから、あんまり食べてないし・・・ 。なんか、僕ばっかりじゃないですか、食べてるのは。

My translation:

A: Hey. Honda-san, what's up? You don't seem well.
B: Huh? Well...
A: And for a while you haven't been eating much. ... ??? ...

a) Does さっきから mean over a period of days/weeks, or just since they have been in the bar?

b) What does 僕ばっかりじゃないですか、食べてるのは mean? I'm trying to get it to mean, roughly, "I'm the only one eating", but it doesn't quite click.

3. うん、だけど、皆の前であんなふうに言われるとやっぱ りね・・・

In what sense is やっぱり used here?

4. The speaker has been talking to his friend, who is stressed and upset about work. The speaker has said, apparently sincerely, that although he (the speaker) appears easy-going and cheerful, he (the speaker) is actually sensitive too. His friend says そうですか, and then the speaker says っていうのは、冗談ですけど。 What could he mean by this? It does not seem to fit the context that the speaker could have been joking.

5. 仕事上のイライラや人間関係が日増しに複雑化するなか 、国民の六割以上がストレスを感じ、今後さらにストレ スを感じるようになるとの悲観的な見方をする人も七割 を超えていることが、読売新聞社が先に実施した全国世 論調査で明らかになった。

I largely understand this, but I am unclear about なか. Is なか = 中, meaning that the first part describes the circumstances in which the events described in the second part occur?

1)
Yes, the former is correct.

2) a)
さっき means a short while ago, so Honda might eat normally at the beginning of being in the bar.

b)
Your interpritation is correct.

3)
やっぱり落ち込む/やっぱり恥ずかしい/やっぱり気になる

やっぱり shows that he felt the same feeling as the one people would usually feel in that situation.

4)
He covered his true inner feelings(sensitive) by saying it's a joke.

5)
Yes.

Back
Top Bottom