What's new

ことになったことを想定して

zuotengdazuo

Sempai
8 Dec 2019
「基本的に士道の訓練は、これから何人もの精霊とデートすることになったことを想定して、女の子と緊張せずに話せるようになることを目的としてるわけよ」

Hi. Sorry for the same topic but does the ことになった here just mean "end up" here? Is there any other nuance? And is the た form used here before the なる takes place before the action 想定する?
Thank you.

Is there any other nuance?
Does that mean you think/feel there is any other nuance?

And is the た form used here before the なる takes place before the action 想定する?
Yes, it's like the supposition is about "after that situation occurred" vs. "before that situation occurs". As you can see, the difference might be subtle depending on the "situation", just like your example.

Thank you, Toritoribe-san.
Does that mean you think/feel there is any other nuance?
I think it might have the nuance "it's been decided that...". Do I get it right?
And is the た form used here before the なる takes place before the action 想定する?
Sorry, there is a typo in the above quote. It should be "And is the た form used here because the なる takes place before the action 想定する?" I hope you can understand it.

I think it might have the nuance "it's been decided that...". Do I get it right?
Well, I don't think so in that context.

Sorry, there is a typo in the above quote. It should be "And is the た form used here because the なる takes place before the action 想定する?" I hope you can understand it.
My answer is the same.

Thank you.
Well, I don't think so in that context.
So it's just "it ends up" or "it turns out"? I always think, mistakenly, that the ことになる has to mean either "it's been decided that..." or "it means/it concludes that...", beyond its literal meaning "it ends up" or "it turns out".

Back
Top Bottom