What's new

からの方が

eeky

先輩
8 Jun 2010
Hi

... まず質問の練習などをさせてからの方が効果があがる。

I'm guessing this means something roughly like "effectiveness will increase if (you) initially have (the students) do things like practise (asking and answering) questions".

However, I don't understand how からの方が works or how it links the two parts. Could anyone explain?

"まず~してから…" is a set phrase meaning "first~ and then...".

まず質問の練習などをさせてからの方が(練習しない場 合より)効果があがる
"effectiveness will increase when~ than when you don't do that(=you initially have the students do practise)."

So it's almost the same "effectiveness will more increase...". :)

"まず~してから…" is a set phrase meaning "first~ and then...".
I'm still a little unclear about the role of から. Does it mean "then" in the sense that: "you have students do the practice and then effectiveness will increase"?

I'm still a little unclear about the role of から. Does it mean "then" in the sense that: "you have students do the practice and then effectiveness will increase"?

There must be another activity which is not mentioned here.
It will be more effective if you have students do the practice then xxxx than just have them xxxx (without practice first).

There must be another activity which is not mentioned here.
It will be more effective if you have students do the practice then xxxx than just have them xxxx (without practice first).
Aha, I see it now. Yes, the other activity is mentioned in the first part of the sentence -- which I removed and then forgot about! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom