What's new

Question Would you please check my answer?

hirashin

Sempai
Donor
8 Apr 2004
Would you mind correcting my answers to the questions below if needed?

<TEXT>
When did you decide to become a doctor?
As a child, whenever I had a stomachache or a fever, my mother used to take me to a pediatrician, who happened to be one of my relatives. Somehow, I was fascinated by his medical books and stethoscopes. But it was when I was in high school that I first thought about becoming a doctor.

We know that becoming a medical doctor is not easy. How was it for you?
Well, I have to say that I was no exception. While in high school, I didn't get involved in any club activities, and I even went to cram school to prepare for entrance exams. But I failed for three consecutive years, and I was already 21 when I finally got accepted. Come to think of it, failing in the exams was not a bad thing for me after all. I became even more determined to be a doctor.

After receiving training at medical school, you became a doctor. How was your career after finishing school?
A lot of my friends started to work as medical staff at the university hospital, but I chose a different career. I wanted to work at a general hospital where I would have more contact with patients. That way I thought I would be able to improve my skills as a surgeon. So I started to look for work at general hospitals. After being rejected several times, I finally managed to find a position.

I heard that you lost your father after heart surgery. Did it affect you in any way as a surgeon?
Yes, definitely. My father was suffering from heart disease, and he had had two operations. When I was 31, his condition had gotten so bad that he had to have his artificial valve replaced. I observed the operation from beginning to end, but troubles followed one after the other during the operation. A week later, my father passed away. He was 66 years old.

Q1 Why does Dr. Amano think that failing in the entrance exams was not a bad thing?
Q2 Why did Dr. Amano want to work at a general hospital?
Q3 When Dr. Amano was 31, his father had an operation. What kind of operation was it?

My answers :
A1 Because he became even more determined to be a doctor.
A2 Because he thought that in a general hospital he would be able to improve his skills as a surgeon.
A3 It was an operation to have his father's artificial valve replaced.

Looks good but I would probably add a little more detail:

A1 Because he became even more determined to be a doctor.
A2 Because he thought that in a general hospital he would be able to improve his skills as a surgeon by having more contact with patients than in the university hospital.
A3 It was an operation to have his father's artificial heart valve replaced.

Back
Top Bottom