What's new

Would you check my exam? (The second half)

hirashin

Sempai
Donor
8 Apr 2004
Would you check the second half of my exam? This is made based on the textbook we use.

問4 次の英文を読んで、あとの問いに答えなさい。 40点
We all know that camels are strong in the desert. They can go for months without water. How do they do (a)this? Many people think a camel's hump is full of water. But this is not true. ①It is full of fat. ②They get energy from the fat in the hump when they cannot get enough food
Then how (あ)[water / live / can / camels / without ] for a long time? There are some reasons for (b)this. First, camels don't drink often, but when they ③do, they drink a lot. They can drink over 100 liters (c)( on / in / at ) one time. Second, camels (d)( are / do / does ) not sweat much even (い)[ hot / is / when / it ]. Third, camels can lose 40 percent of the water in their body. If you lose more than 10 percent of the water in the body, you will (う)[ may / sick / feel / and ] die.
Camels can (e)( eat / travel / live ) a long way without water. So camels (え)[ been / have / important / very ] for the people in the desert. Even today, many of ④them use camels for carrying people and things.

(1)①~④が指しているものを指示された語数の英語で、本文より抜き出しなさい。 8点
①(3語) ②(1語) ③(1語) ④(5語)

(2)(a)と(b)のthisが指している内容をそれぞれ日本語で書きなさい。 3×2=6点

(3)次の意味の英単語を本文から探して書きなさい。 8点
(あ)砂漠 (い)汗をかく (う)~でさえ (え)~なしで (お)水 (か)体 (き)脂肪 (く)使う

(4)(あ)~(え)の中の語句を並び替えて正しい英文をつくりなさい。 8点

(5) (c)~(e)に当てはまる語句をそれぞれ選びなさい。6点

(6)次の文の中で本文の内容に合っているものを記号で2つ選びなさい。 4点
(ア) A camel's hump is full of water.
(イ) The people in the desert don't use camels today.
(ウ) If a camel lose 10 percent of the water in their body, it may die.
(エ) Camels can travel for months even if they don't drink water.
(オ) Camels sweat a lot when they travel in the desert.
(カ) Camels use the fat in their hump when they cannot get enough food.

問5 次の( )に1語ずつ入れて、日本語の意味に合う英文を作りなさい。 各1点 計10点

(1)私は二年前から彼を知っています。
I have ( ) him ( ) two years.

(2)私の母は先週から体調が悪い。
My mother has ( ) sick ( ) last week.

(3)あなたはどのくらい(前から)この町に住んでいますか。[完全解答2点]
( )( )( ) you lived in this town?

(4)私はこんなに美しい花を一度も見たことがない。
I have ( )( ) such a beautiful flower.

(5)私は駅に行ってきたばかりです。
I have ( )( ) to the train station.

Second, camels (d)( are / do / does ) not sweat much even (い)[ hot / is / when / it ].

I prefer to see a comma between "much" and "even". However, if there was no comma there when you first taught this material, then it is best to leave this as it is.

(3)次の意味の英単語を本文から探して書きなさい。 8点
(あ)砂漠 (い)汗をかく (う)~でさえ (え)~なしで (お)水 (か)体 (き)脂肪 (く)使う

(4)(あ)~(え)の中の語句を並び替えて正しい英文をつくりなさい。 8点

I am worried that the multiple uses of あ い う え will cause confusion for some of your students.

For question (3), could you change to [a] [.b.] [c] [d] [e] [f] [g] [h] , or something else different from what is used on the rest of the test?

(I added dots to the second of these to avoid bolding the text.)

If a camel loses...
If camels lose ... they may...

With the first of these two options, I would also change "their" to "its".

What is the purposes of the exam? If you can answer that we can tell if we think it meets those purposes.

The purpose of exams in high schools is grading the students. If the teachers don't grade their students, they cannot graduate from the school.

Back
Top Bottom