What's new

Why do Japanese people hate Asians so much??

BTW, mecharmor23, where're you from? Do you have the right/legit/ knowledge to represent all Asia?

Alright maybe the Americans were a bit deceitful and unfair in their practices of business. I read some of it and it is true that Americans have been harsh to other nations.

However my main concern is that, how is China involved in all of this.. America and Japan relationship?? How come the Chinese get the worst of all the punishments of all nations involved in the pacific war? That I don't understand. How is China the blame?
I never hear about vietnam, india, New Guinea, etc. getting punishments even close as to what the Chinese received. Why? I kinda feel singled out because I have Chinese blood. They war criminals never spent as much time torturing anyone else as Japanese. No offence to modern Japanese people, as I am talking only about the Japanese extremists during the WWII era. Again I hold no grudge against anyone here or those of modern Japan, just curiousity because the fingers of blame don't seem to go in the right direction and war starts because of small mistakes.

The whole story told by the U.S. military saying how one of their comorades got his balls cut off is nothing compared to what the Chinese people have suffered. Sick as it may sound but I don't know why Chinese people are punished so harsh, even worse than German concentration camps.

Again, tell me what the Mongols did to the Chinese to invade China.
Or what the Chinese have done to the Tibetans to annex it.
Or even how the American Indians or the black slaves were treated by the White Europeans.

FYI, 200,000 Japanese POWs were sent to hard labor camps in Siberia by the Russians and kept there for up to 10 years AFTER the war had alrready ended. Only a handful ever made it back to Japan.

You ARE being singled out but NOT because you are Chinese but because you're so bitter. This is a forum for people who have interests in Japan and have something to contribute, so if you're so bitter about the Japanese you might want to do the honorable thing and go to another forum that's more to your liking. Eventually people will see your name and automatically assume it's another rant & rave post about Japan's atrocities and won't even bother reading it.

mecharmor23 said:
How come the Chinese get the worst of all the punishments of all nations involved in the pacific war? That I don't understand.
Do you mean "suffered" as opposed to "punished?" As in why China suffered the most in WWII, from your point of view, or do you mean that after the war somehow retribution was exacted on China? China did suffered a lot during WWII, but I don't want to open that can of worms until we are clear on what you are refering to. It seems like you are implying some kind of conspiracy after WWII to punish China. Is that what you are trying to say?

mecharmor23 said:
The whole story told by the U.S. military saying how one of their comorades got his balls cut off is nothing compared to what the Chinese people have suffered. Sick as it may sound but I don't know why Chinese people are punished so harsh, even worse than German concentration camps.

I woud like to give you the opportunity to retract that last statement as I would like to belive it is not a true representation of your feelings. However, if it is, I think many here would be happy to point you towards some good resources on just what the holocaust was like. I know the suffereing in China might be closer to home for you, but if you can be in the least bit empathic, I think the accounts will leave you horrified at the least.

It is a very slippery slope to start comparing atrocities with phrases like "even worse than."

mecharmor23 said:

This is just plain stupidity saying something like this. I'm sorry but it is. Have you even read the history of the concentration camps in Europe and Russia?? Or even read about any of the punishments dealt out to the downed crew of the B-29's??? i suggest you put more thought and study into what you are saying. Also to repeat what someone else said, China has a cheek crying about abuse when she is still abusing Tibet.

Mandylion said:
It is a very slippery slope to start comparing atrocities with phrases like "even worse than."

Very good point, Mandylion.

I think this whole thread is a waste of space. Do any of you recall how many times this has been done before? Too many to count.

No way! I have to have the last words.
Ahem...Close this thread. Onegaishimasu! (What does it mean?)
Anyway, you can close it now 'cause I've already had the last words.:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Golgo_13 said:
I'm Japanese, and I only have respect for the Chinese, for without China's heavy influence on ancient Japan, today's Japanese culture would not exist.

I have studied Chinese Chi Kung and a martial art called Yi Chuan since 1987. My master in Yi Chuan (a native of Shanghai) always told me how he liked the Japanese compared to Americans because "Japanese are honest people," :D and marveled at the beauty of Japanese calligraphy which is completely different in form and spirit than Chinese calligraphy.

After about a year of study, my master formally admitted me as his formal "Chinese" student. We had a small ceremony with lit incense and we both sat on our knees and bowed down to the photo of Grandmaster Wang Ziang Shai, the founder of Yi Chuan.

My master told me that during the 1940s in China, a Japanese Judo and Kendo expert came to challenge grandmaster Wang and was soundly defeated. The Japanese, named Kenji Sawai, got down on the ground and bowed to Wang and begged to be accepted as his student. Wang was impressed by the Japanese fighter's humility and did accept him, even though at the time the Japanese were enemies of China. Sawai later went back to Japan to spread the art of YiChuan there.

There are many heartwarming stories of today's Japanese' acts of good will toward China. Japanese scientists have gone to China to teach agricultural techniques to grow a better strain of rice, or to re-forest areas threatened by desert conditions. I saw a show about a Japanese family who had live in Manchuria during wartime and were nearly killed by Chinese, only to be saved by a Chinese military officer. This Japanese family went back to China to track down that officer to thank him. They got on Chinese national TV to appeal to the masses to help them look for him. Some of the Chinese viewers of that show were interviewed and expressed that they saw a different side of the Japanese whom they had assumed were savage people. Recently, a Chinese female softball player was given Japanese citizenship in order to be allowed to play for the Japanese national Olympic team, which has a better chance of winning a medal than the Chinese team. I could go on and on, but it's all meaningless if you're convinced that it's propaganda.

If anyone has a bitter attitude toward Japan or the Japanese, do yourself a favor and go to a forum where there are only people like yourself.

I respect the Japanese notion of pride but when this pride obscures the truth its vanity. I personally find it shocking that even most Japanese intellectuals know nothing of the Rape of Nanking, and when confronted with pictures of the atrocities(beheadings, stacks of skulls) they were visibily shocked.
I'm not going to lessen this by saying well other countries did this or that, one thing at a time, right now we're looking at the Rape of Nanking that was horrible. It was wrong and horrible point blank period, theres no rebelling against that.

So what does my post have to do with your comment (which you are entitled to). Everything I said is true.

I just would like to get my opinion out there on this topic. True, Japanese war atrocities during WWII were horrible, just like the Jewish Holocaust was horrible, just like the release of two nuclear bombs on Japan was horrible, just like the erradication of a whole race by Americans is horrible, just like the persicution of Jews during the Spanish Inquisition was horrible, just like many Crusades had horrible things happen on both sides, just like Stalin's and Mao's five years plans were horrible on the populations of the USSR and China, just like the recent genocide in Rwanda was horrible.

The world has a past that is ridden with genocide and hate and fear. To single out one country and say that they are truly evil is ignorant and most likely heavily biased. mecharmor is chinese and doesn't like the japanese war crimes that took place, which is very very understandable. But if you get a room full of survivors of the holocaust, hutus from rwanda, palestinian refugees, and the miriad of other peoples who have been wronged in this generation, they are all going to be pissed off.

We must not look to the past and demand reparations or reverse the crimes against those who have committed them. We must learn from the past so that future atrocities might not be committed.

I could hate a nation because "they" deported my grandmother with 6 sisters and 2 brothers with mother and dad just cause their nationality. They were homeless long time living in a cattle-truck, but they were fortunate at the same time because they weren't killed like other families there. Anyway I'm talking about the Benes decree in Slovakia. For other ppl who didn't have any known there it could be much smaller than other crimes....if we can make difference between any crimes, but i'm not sure.
Hate is even the worst answer to solve problems. Many of us didn't have any direct connection to these crimes you were talking about, so we also don't have right to find fault with these people and nationts in the past.
I hope i didn't say anything wrong.
Thank you shiningblue for this message. We should keep especially your last two sentences.

I think my post that Mr. dcw@austin quotes to shows that the majority of the Japanese and Chinese do not hate each other.

So I still don't know he quoted me.

But nuf sed.

One last thing.

During my trip here in Japan, I found out that there are Chinatowns in the cities of Yokohama, Kobe, and Nagasaki. And there is a Koreatown in Osaka.

Would mecharmor23 like to elaborate on how this could be if the Japanese hate Chinese and Koreans?

haha ,sound good , but people dont do the same as they said sometimes.
those years , japan invade china in the name of saving china , but kill millions of people.
without japan invading , this days , chinese would be more developed than now . japan invasion blocked the chinese development for ten years , also late make chinese be excluded from the west countries for decades of years .

I would say : japan you owe us .

what you do just like :after killing a man , than take some presents to his family,

so dont say like follow , you have no right to say that .

If anyone has a bitter attitude toward Japan or the Japanese, do yourself a favor and go to a forum where there are only people like yourself

I think you golgo 13 actually dont like japan yourself . do me a favor , dont make me vomit .

Jim83, please contribute more then just mindless posts to this forum, it is really begining to be annoying. I have not seen even ONE post from you to back anything up that you claim. :p

jim83 said:
without japan invading , this days , chinese would be more developed than now . japan invasion blocked the chinese development for ten years , also late make chinese be excluded from the west countries for decades of years .

I would say : japan you owe us .

Without Mao Tse Tung's communist government, China would be more developed right now.

jim83 said:
I think you golgo 13 actually dont like japan yourself . do me a favor , dont make me vomit .

What else could I say to this, people?

Jim83, you need to start making some constuctive posts with something to back them up.

Golgo, please stay on topic.

jim83 said:

Right. I hate Japan so much I just spent nearly $1800 to vacation there for 2 weeks. And I had a great time only 'cause I don't like Japan.

And I still hate Japan so utterly much that I can't wait to go back there next year.

Do me a favor, don't make me laugh.

Getting back on topic:

I just had lunch in Little Tokyo. There are numerous Korean merchants starting or doing business right in there among the Japanese in LA's Japan town.

Gee, I guess the Japanese hatred of the other Oriental groups didn't deter them.

Little Tokyo

Having grown up in LA- some of the best Japanese restaurants, including one of the best Sushi bars in Little Tokyo are Korean owned.

The outmarriage rate (a good measure of assimilation) among second and 3rd generation Japanese Americans is well over 50% (some say as high as 85%.)

dont talk about japan , I think korea is also wonderful ,
korea even a so small country , but developed so quickly ,
hundai , sunsung, korea people like chinese , chinese like korea ,
chinese should respect korea , not japan .
japan's rich partly build on invasion of other countries.

to become a rich country is easy , even china only open his world for 20 years, situation change so lot. but to be a country as usa , it is difficult, united states people are very kind , i would not respect a people because he is rich or power , only he is kind .

dont compare mongolia to japan , they both are cruel and great people , only cruel make them great .
sometimes , cruel could make one rich or strong

Back
Top Bottom