What's new

Why do Japanese hate Chinese so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrjones

先輩
16 Oct 2006
Since we have a thread Why do Chinese hate Japanese so much, I think it would also be equal to have thread, why do Japanese hate Chinese so much ? My friends girlfriend in bar... "I HATE CHINESE THEY HAVE ONE CHILD POLICY THEIR ECONOMY IS WEAK". Me "Chinese economy might grow in next 20 years, and become major player in cars and electronics", japanese (woman's) answer, "no they dont, dont you know Chinese cars are .....", "Why dont you go China if you like them more than Japanese ?" This is not only case I have been talking about China with Japanese person.

My point is, it might be individual, but please dont be childish. How many times man has to hear a same song to remember it ?

My point is, it might be individual, but please dont be childish. How many times man has to hear a same song to remember it ?

I don't know if this message is addressed to me, but anyway, my point is, if your question was "why there are the Japanese who hate Chinese people so much?" then there can be many explanations or answers, but if you ask "why do the Japanese hate the Chinese?" then I cannot help questioning the validity of your question itself, because there are people who are interested in/like the Chinese and their culture, while there are others who are quite opposite.

Other sato and suzuki-san like going to China.
Violent youth everywhere, but silent police is a bit unusual.
Liberal media love to cover angry protesters, but I saw lots of easy-going protesters as well.

This is an valid question, I have heard many times by several Japanese people how much they hate China, even though I have never got any explonation for this. I should go to China too later and learn more about them too.

This is an valid question, I have heard many times by several Japanese people how much they hate China, even though I have never got any explonation for this. I should go to China too later and learn more about them too.

Do they really hate the Chinese? Judging from the reasoning your friends mentiond, it looks more like disliking/looking down upon them based on their ignorance than hatred.
Perhaps most of them are still students? I'm afraid that their view tend to be narrow and short sited (of course not all the students are like that, but it seems to be general tendency). Once they are out into the "world" they learn a little more.
And if they don't know anyone from China personally, their opinion is based on the image and impression they saw through media, which are not always balanced.

"Perhaps most of them are still students?" trust me they are not :D...student wont talk so muzukashii koto. These people can speak English :)

"then there can be many explanations or answers" No I am not expecting one simple answer.

"Perhaps most of them are still students?" trust me they are not :D...student wont talk so muzukashii koto. These people can speak English :)

I see. But still my opinion does not change - they underestimate the potential of Chinese economy. Their knowledge of China and Chinese people seem quite limited.

"then there can be many explanations or answers" No I am not expecting one simple answer.

If you want only one simple answer, you should ask them repeating "why".
They don't like China because of their policy and economy, then why are they the reason to "hate" China and its people? (I also should like to know.)

If you are talking about the people who don't like China in general, then there should be multiple reasons.

I love threads with extreme generalizations that quickly get derailed even further off whatever shred of a "topic" existed.

Last edited:
That girl of your friend seem not to hate Chinese (or better say the state PR China) because of their society but more to be bothered by the China boom (including the rise of international influence in business and politics), despite it is not a democratic nation yet. And also maybe not so amused because both China and Japan were archrivals in the first half of the 20th century and there are still frictions (mostly political, historical and natural resources) between both which harms their relationship.
Domestic Chinese products are still not at good quality standards yet (low cost for low quality), but that will not be forever.
By the time Chinese products become more reliable and in high quality standards, you can expect that those products will also become more expensive, due to higher and more frequent quality check.
By the way, most Japanese products of Sony, Nintendo, Bandai etc. are already made in China, and they are just fine.

Anyway, there is no way everyone likes everyone, just a anthropological phenomena. The only thing we could do is to say no to prejudice generally :) Because there are always nice and bad people in every society.

All of these Chinese/Japanese/Korean who hates who threads need to be saged out of existence. They're getting a bit silly.

Is there really anything to discuss here?

what about a japanese female who's born in china and grew up in japan?

all i know is Japanese hate americans, and chinese hate japanese and Japanese hate everybody.

yuko michael.. face it you're just a japanophile and will never accept opinions outside of your japan bubble. But they are all fair questions

Last edited:
I don't know if Japanese hate everyone but I do know a lot of countries dislike the Japanese-- they were a country that took over many other and typically treated them like trash...

A Chinese and a Korean hate Japan very much,
However, they enter Japan illegally at the risk of life.:eek:
I cannot understand their psychology.

Well, I imagine the ones who would risk their lives to enter Japan are generally not the ones who are super-anti-Japan...

I am confused. Who hates who? I guess I will sum up the whole topic in a nutshell.

In this world we have likes and dislikes:
In Canada we have French and English speaking citizens, some dislike the french, some dislike the English, Some hate the french, and some Hate the English.

In Japan Some people dislike the Chinese, some Chinese dislike the Japanese, Some hate the Japanese, and some Hate the Japanese.

It is somthing that is an issue in EVERY country around the world.

Your question is why?

In my opinion it is from a lack of understanding, and a laziness to learn about thy neigbours.

Classic example ME!

My family never raised me to be racist, but in my country there is a slight, (how can I phrase this...social norm??) where English speakers dislike the french, frown upon the Chinese imigrants, hate the hindus for taking jobs...ect. ect. ect.

So during my teenage years I made comments about these issues usualy negitive... and now, I see were outright wrong.

In my later years I made up for my missunderstanding is the best ways I could think of, i.e. Volunteering to help those new to my country. Teaching English for free! ect. ect.

Anyway my point stop asking why? It just is that way. Instead start thinking and learning about the people around you. One person at a time.

The world be a better place if everyone would stop asking why. why, why, why, why, why...and start saying Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello.....

Just my opnion Take it or leave it!

Where you live, this song is a hit, unfortunately. But they play it only on the local stations.You can hear it in Brasilian or Peruvian version too.
I've noticed, that wherever there is a foreign comunity, local people become restless, and little bit more nationalistic. Add to it a glass of beer, and here it is:"I hate this,I hate that..."
A Chinese and a Korean hate Japan very much,
However, they enter Japan illegally at the risk of life.
I cannot understand their psychology.
Amazing! Really, every Friday night some of my friends swim from Busan to Fukuoka, have a nice drink at the local izakaya and then swim back. If police asks something, they just say they've gone for a swim:p But it doesn't happen often, because if a speedboat approaches, they just dive for a while.:D

all i know is Japanese hate americans, and chinese hate japanese and Japanese hate everybody.

Define "Japanese" here. Just the people who've treated you bad, the government, the entire population of Japan, naturalized Japanese, expatriot Japanese...

pinson said:
yuko michael.. face it you're just a japanophile and will never accept opinions outside of your japan bubble. But they are all fair questions

Please find evidence that yukio_michael is a Japanophile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom