What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

When & Why - Invisible Mode ??

Gaki

Emperor Gakihito
Reaction score
Maybe they are learning the art of internet ninja :ninja:

made of stone

Sempai
Reaction score
An interesting question!

I use invisible mode because my pc's on all day, and I can't be bothered to log in and out everytime...if I wasn't invisible i'd be permanently on the active user list, even though i'm away from the computer most of the time.

People can see when i'm 'actively' at Jref because I'll write three or four posts in quick succession.

Seon-a Kim

김선아
Reaction score
You get logged out automatically after an amount of time when you don't browse the forums but the page is still open :)

I think it's like 15 minutes and then your of the list.

I sometimes use invisible mode to on some forums, but it's rare. When I use it, then it's because I don't feel like being annoyed by some people like with PMs for example.

Glenn

一切皆苦
Reaction score
If you have the "remember me" box checked then you shouldn't get logged out ever.

made of stone

Sempai
Reaction score
If you have the "remember me" box checked then you shouldn't get logged out ever.

Yes exactly! I don't want to be constantly shown as online, when i'm actually on the forum for less than half an hour a day most days so far.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
Too bad......

Wish people would remember to log out of the chat room. The "remember me" box keeps them in chat for hours after they have logged off . Click that little "X" up at the top right please!

Uncle Frank

:)

Glenn

一切皆苦
Reaction score
In that case though it's more like you're logging yourself out. I was thinking more of just all of a sudden being logged out without having done anything (or because you haven't done anything).

Haru-san`sTeiraa

Psycho-Genius Otaku
Reaction score
I don`t use invisibible mode,then people can`t tell that my radiant self is here to keep chat alive! ^-^

Glenn

一切皆苦
Reaction score
If you're in chat then your name will show up in the "members currently in chat" area even if you're invisible.

made of stone

Sempai
Reaction score
I tried 'visible' mode for a day, logging out each time I visited (two or three times, to check for pms and to see if anyone was in chat when I wasn't busy).

The logging-in and out was fine, but the thing that's made me go back to 'invisible' mode is that everytime I log back in the system doesn't seem to remember that I don't want any music threads to be listed in 'today's posts' (that's a big thing for me!)

I have to go back through the settings and save it everytime I log-in! :(

That alone forces me back to invisibility. I do hope they fix it, or perhaps it's a Firefox issue?

Top Bottom