• Destroy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give to the woman

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Mark of Zorro

先輩
4 Oct 2012
Judge rules B.C. womanテ「竄ャ邃「s frozen embryos wonテ「竄ャ邃「t be destroyed until 2013 divorce trial | Daily Brew - Yahoo! News Canada

As per the source above, a married couple used their sperm and eggs to make some embryos in a lab. Then the embryos were preserved. But then they divorced, and the man wants the embryos destroyed. The woman wants to keep them and have them implanted to be become babies in her womb.

If you were the judge, what would you decide and why?

I find for the woman. However, I would make it clear that if she does implant and bear them the man is not liable for them in any way shape or form.

I'd give these to local witch for enumerous dark potions production.

BTW, in some countries woman could use these to give a birth and she could get alimonies from her ex after - another 18 years of easy life.

He gave his consent when he donated the sperm. I don't see how this is any different than if they conceived naturally. Unless there were forms signed before the procedure that stated that they needed consent from both parties before implanting them, there is nothing he can do to stop it.

I don't understand the human ego sometimes. If you can't have kids, why not just adopt? Are we so petty that we can't love someone that has a different gene sequence?

He gave his consent when he donated the sperm. I don't see how this is any different than if they conceived naturally.

Well, its exceptionally rare to make sextuplets naturally, and apparently it was six embryos produced. Fertility clinics make extra embryos just in case, and it is reasonable to assume that when he gave his sperm up, he did not intend to be burdened with six more children. And why should he be since there is choice in the matter? That is the key difference between this and naturally conceiving. Choice.

I highly doubt that there is any clear proof of exactly how many children he intended before the divorce though. And in absence of that, it seems that he had no objection to the extra embryos being stored while married. In other words, I would say that if he were so serious about his DNA being used a certain way, he should have sued for destruction of the embryos upon the birth of the last child he wanted. Seems he didn't.

Back
Top Bottom