What's new

What do you think about Mr. Trump being summoned to court?

Yeah, on the news here, they apparently filmed practically the entire trip from Mar A Lago in Florida to the the courthouse in New York on some cable channels. I understand that it's the first time a former US president has been criminally indicted, but the trip itself is hardly newsworthy. It was very reminiscent of the OJ Simpson car chase from years ago, only without the drama of the chase itself. But sadly, Trump is one of those people who just draws people's attention, whether they like it or not. Love him or hate him, it's almost impossible to just ignore him.

Hello, masters

It is necessary I explain something

I wrote humorously in the end of my last post

" oh, my nose got long!"

I pointed to the the cartoon character " Pinocchio " that whenever he lied, his nose became longer. Thus I wanted to show I am lying humorously.

Later, I thought it may become cause of misunderstanding and somebodies don't remember getting long nose is relative to Pinocchio and don't realize my purpose.

It is good to know, I am a good boy

Thank you so much, seniors :)

200.gif
If my nose did that , I might get in trouble sometimes , LOL.

Hello, masters

It is necessary I explain something

I wrote humorously in the end of my last post

" oh, my nose got long!"

I pointed to the the cartoon character " Pinocchio " that whenever he lied, his nose became longer. Thus I wanted to show I am lying humorously.

Later, I thought it may become cause of misunderstanding and somebodies don't remember getting long nose is relative to Pinocchio and don't realize my purpose.

It is good to know, I am a good boy

Thank you so much, seniors :)
Don't worry, I think everyone understood the reference, as Pinnocchio is quite a famous story

I'm a little more perturbed that you were "just joking" in the serious discussion board. It's fine to play devil's advocate if you state ahead of time that this is what you're doing. This is not the place to play tricks though.

Hi, nice gaijin

But I say, LOL

It shows that I myself laugh. Isn't it enough the readers understand I am humoring?
I do see three comments where you said "LOL"

I must say, no, this by itself doesn't imply that you're just joking, or hint at your true intentions. It doesn't automatically mean "just kidding," but just implies that you're laughing, which is something I see a lot of people do these days. "LOL" really doesn't add any new information or change the way your message is read, except maybe to show that you're trying to take something lightly.

If you want to imply sarcasm or that you really think the opposite of what you're writing, you can use the "/s" or "/sarcasm" marker at the end of your sentence, or you could use the alternating capital lettering style WhiCH iMiTAteS a MoCKiNg tONe.

However, it is my habit. Sometimes, serious discussions make me tired, and I jump into good and pleasant humor to make me happy.

As far as I recognize myself, I don't tend to sarcasm, and if I seldom do that, it is not to annoy others or make them uneasy. I want to note them to something. Generally, I tend to friendship, and it makes no difference my audience is American, British, Iranian, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, North Korean, South Korean, Indian, Arab, Turkish, Australian, Scottish, Romanian, and so on. I look at them as humans. But I am not good with criminals from every nationality.

I wish to speak to the people who are gentle, fair, and knowledgeable. As I teach them some new things, I also learn some things from them. American are good people with high knowledge of technology and material science, minus every feeling of superiority (I am speaking about American people, not politicians).

Of course, aside from good citizenship in the West, I don't follow all the ideas and ideologies of Western philosophers and psychologists because some of their theories and ideologies are not according to real spirit and quality of humans.

Anyhow, tending to good humor has become one of my habits.

However, it is my habit. Sometimes, serious discussions make me tired, and I jump into good and pleasant humor to make me happy.

As far as I recognize myself, I don't tend to sarcasm, and if I seldom do that, it is not to annoy others or make them uneasy. I want to note them to something. Generally, I tend to friendship, and it makes no difference my audience is American, British, Iranian, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, North Korean, South Korean, Indian, Arab, Turkish, Australian, Scottish, Romanian, and so on. I look at them as humans. But I am not good with criminals from every nationality.

I wish to speak to the people who are gentle, fair, and knowledgeable. As I teach them some new things, I also learn some things from them. American are good people with high knowledge of technology and material science, minus every feeling of superiority (I am speaking about American people, not politicians).

Of course, aside from good citizenship in the West, I don't follow all the ideas and ideologies of Western philosophers and psychologists because some of their theories and ideologies are not according to real spirit and quality of humans.

Anyhow, tending to good humor has become one of my habits.
I understand... in text-based communication it's hard to read tone and realize that you may be making a joke, especially when it seems to be a serious topic. There are a lot of Trump fans out there who really think he's done nothing wrong and that this prosecution is purely politically motivated, and your comments were kind of open to interpret either way

Hi, nice gaijin

But I say, LOL

It shows that I myself laugh. Isn't it enough the readers understand I am humoring?
I can't speak for nice gaijin-san (so I'm glad he's already spoken for himself), and I have no desire to attack you as I know that you had no malicious intent, but let me just explain briefly why your comments might have rubbed people the wrong way.

You started this thread with a post that (at least on the surface) seemed to express doubt that Trump was actually guilty -- for no apparent reason other than "he's a powerful world leader, so how could he be a bad person?" -- and followed that up with posts that seemed to suggest that there was something suspicious or unnatural about the circumstances of his indictment.

At some point after that, you suggested that you might have been joking about some (or all?) things, but at that point, the lines had already been blurred to some degree. I honestly couldn't tell if you were genuinely asking questions or trying to promote or give credence to certain conspiracy theories that suggested that Trump was completely innocent and people are just out to get him.

To be fair, this isn't completely your fault. One of the unfortunate tendencies of the modern age is that half the time, it's impossible to tell what's a fact and what isn't -- and the other half of the time, nobody really cares which is which.

So, at this point, I understand where you're coming from, but saying things that suggest that Trump is innocent and implying that there was something unnatural about his arrest, while at the same time "LOL'ing" everything off, is something that many bad faith actors and trolls also do, so...I can understand why people might have viewed your initial posts with some skepticism.

I hope this makes some sense.

Last edited:
No. I proclaim now; I do not acquit Donald Trump of his crimes. Like Americans, I believe, he was a bad president for America. I hope the court sentences him to ten years imprisonment so that he can not become a candidate for the next election for the presidency of America, if not, he will be a political disaster for American society.

I always wished to have one of his thousands of gold bullion to get rid of this lack of money, but after revealing his crimes, I don't wish for such illegal wealth. Ignoring eating a hot and peppery hamburger or grilled kebob with lemon and two cool cans of Pepsi is better than having illegal money.

Iranian kebob!!

%DA%86%D9%84%D9%88%DA%A9%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%A8-%D8%B3%D9%84%D8%B7%D8%A7%D9%86%DB%8C_f8q.jpg

Wow, my mouth watered!

If you are a good boy and travel to Shiraz, I will take you to one of these restaurants. Of course, you have to pay for the food, not me.

%D9%81%D8%AE%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%84%D9%88%DA%A9_autb.jpg

I have not stepped into such restaurants for many years. It is not the most luxuriant restaurant but is a traditional one.

Hi, friends

My phrase " if you are a good boy" was actually a friendly joking. I know you are some gentlemen and I hope, my humor didn't make you uneasy

Respectfully

Back
Top Bottom