What's new

What can Japan and Russia benefit each other?

14 Feb 2005
In Japanese foreign policies,we hear much about the United States,European Union,other Asian countries,Middle East...
What about Russia?Despite the territory debate,what can Japan and Russia benefit each other?

P.S:Why does Japan have so many debates of territory problems with other countries?

If time can talk... said:
P.S:Why does Japan have so many debates of territory problems with other countries?
Why does China have so many debates about the same thing? ...

Russia benefits japan with resources, japan benefits russia with end-stage products, manufactured goods, and the general goody goodness of juicey trade.

As for territorial issues i dont get what you mean, apart from the hobamai/hobomai islands russia is occupying, japan has everything else that belongs to it.

:? :? :?
China has more territorial problems.
1. Spratly Islands
2. Paracel Islands
3. Kashmir
4. Arunachal Pradesh

In addition, after World War II, China repeats aggression to other countries and slaughter.
1. Tibet(1,200,000 slaughter)
2. East Turkistan(forced abortion, nuclear test, execution of a political offense)

nurizeko said:
As for territorial issues i dont get what you mean, apart from the hobamai/hobomai islands russia is occupying, japan has everything else that belongs to it.
I meant disputes.
Senkaku/Diaoyu Island Dispute with China:
http://www.pinr.com/report.php?ac=view_report&report_id=165&language_id=1
East China sea with China:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/21/AR2005102101933.html
Takeshima/Tokto Islands Dispute with South Korea:
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/display...data/theworld/2005/March/theworld_March45.xml
And four northern islands issues with Russia.

Nekomajin said:
:? :? :?
China has more territorial problems.
1. Spratly Islands
2. Paracel Islands
3. Kashmir
4. Arunachal Pradesh
In addition, after World War II, China repeats aggression to other countries and slaughter.
1. Tibet(1,200,000 slaughter)
2. East Turkistan(forced abortion, nuclear test, execution of a political offense)
Where did you learn all these?I'm just curious.

What I know about China's territorial problems are:
1.Taiwan Strait
2.Senkaku/Diaoyu Island
3.East China Sea
4.Tibet
5.Xinjiang
6.Northeast China (already solved)

hehe really a lot.

😲

I hear that "Communist Party of China" is kept a close eye on the internet.
I think, you must not post the inconvenient for the Communist Party of China.
I worry that you are arrested by government.

...please be careful:unsure:

---
Nekomajin

sorry, im poor English language.

Nekomajin said:
😲
I hear that "Communist Party of China" is kept a close eye on the internet.
I think, you must not post the inconvenient for the Communist Party of China.
I worry that you are arrested by government.
...please be careful:unsure:
---
Nekomajin
sorry, im poor English language.
lol thank you.
China is not what she used to be during the Cultural Revolution.

I meant disputes.
Senkaku/Diaoyu Island Dispute with China:
http://www.pinr.com/report.php?ac=view_report&report_id=165&language_id=1
East China sea with China:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/21/AR2005102101933.html
Takeshima/Tokto Islands Dispute with South Korea:
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/display...data/theworld/2005/March/theworld_March45.xml
And four northern islands issues with Russia.

Ah yes, i see now, i guess its because these territorial disputes are over small islands that probably werent overly claimed before the modern era, and so the reason these disputes exist is because nobody seems entirely convinced who has the solid claim, for example:

say my sister is sitting in a bit of land infront of both our houses, and she has been sitting there for years, my family arguably has the rock solid claim to that peice of land.

But these little islands are as if neither members of our family sit on that bit of land, and it is only visitted for extremely short periods of time, far apart from each other, nearly or totaly equally by both families

Small island disputes are more like the second example, and the seas around asia are chock full of islands. :p

Hopefully ONEDAY these disputes will get settled.

Its also interesting to note canada and danemark have been having quite a heated dispute over a small island equally between greenland and a canadian island or mainland, it probably wouldnt otherwise be interesting but danemark and canada arent ussually known for being political brawlers, especially other issues like territory and the sorts, i can just emagine a war between canada and danemark, lool.😌 :p

nurizeko said:
Its also interesting to note canada and danemark have been having quite a heated dispute over a small island equally between greenland and a canadian island or mainland, it probably wouldnt otherwise be interesting but danemark and canada arent ussually known for being political brawlers, especially other issues like territory and the sorts, i can just emagine a war between canada and danemark, lool.😌 :p
Actually I didn't know this before.Thanks for the information.
And Quebec remains also a problem lol
(sigh...)

Very interesting thread. It's a pity that it should have boiled over into discussing territorial problems.

To be candid, I have no idea of what Japan and Russia can benefit from each other...

...I think that brain drain is still typical of Russia. The collapse of the Soviet Union resulted in a lot of economic problems. Salaries of our scientists are still not very high. Many Russian scientists have found work in foreign countries.

A lot of Russians work in the USA, Great Britain, Germany, etc. I think some of them work in Japan as well.

Russian programmers have won international programming contest three years on end. I'm sure that some of them work not only in the USA, but also in Japan...

...I should like the relations of Japan and Russia to be as amazingly great as, for example, those of Russia and China. I was very glad when my Chinese friends said [to Vladimir Putin at the G8 Summit in St Petersburg]: 'Mr Putin, you are our hero!'

No territorial problems, no political 'strain'...

Everything is possible... I guess... :)

A japanese crew was shot by a russia coast gurad. It was very clear that the japanese crews poached crabs. I felt a bit pitty when I heard that the mayer commented japanese government should ban japanese people to go to one of the Northern Territories without visa.

Back
Top Bottom