What's new

elio789

Registered
9 Sep 2021
Hello everyone. I am a Freshman college student at Rutgers University majoring in business. I want to continue m education next year in Japan. However, I'm having a hard time finding a school that I will be able to join with my college credits. I want to go to a good school but not an ivy league type as I want my chances of getting accepted to be good. My current college GPA is 3.7 at the moment. Any suggestions will very be appreciated. Thanks for reading

Hello everyone. I am a Freshman college student at Rutgers University majoring in business. I want to continue m education next year in Japan. However, I'm having a hard time finding a school that I will be able to join with my college credits. I want to go to a good school but not an ivy league type as I want my chances of getting accepted to be good. My current college GPA is 3.7 at the moment. Any suggestions will very be appreciated. Thanks for reading
Have you asked your university? Seems like there should be some resources there that can help.

Have you asked your university? Seems like there should be some resources there that can help.
My university only offers a 1-semester study abroad program. I want to finish my bachelor there and most likely live there if it goes well

I'd suggest checking the policy for each university you may be able to find. For example, here is Temple's policy.

Thank you this looks like a good option as its a us bachelor degree by studying in japan. Thanks a lot most likely will go for this

Hi @elio789, just out of curiosity, what makes you want to finish your degree (and later live) in Japan? Have you considered testing the waters with the exchange program first, if that's feasible?

Have you started learning Japanese already? If Japan is in your future I cannot overstate the value of studying the language as much as possible before you go. If you plan on living in Japan and want to make a living that is not based on your foreign-ness (and be fully functional and independent), language ability will be imperative.

At any rate, I recommend reading up on your options and choose based on which school will offer a quality education in your chosen field, and if you intend to stay in Japan, provide you with quality connections that may help you develop your future career. Try to find first-hand experiences from current and former students.

I only bring these points up because answering will help strengthen your resolve and make sure you land on your feet. Do keep us updated please.

Hi @elio789, just out of curiosity, what makes you want to finish your degree (and later live) in Japan? Have you considered testing the waters with the exchange program first, if that's feasible?

Have you started learning Japanese already? If Japan is in your future I cannot overstate the value of studying the language as much as possible before you go. If you plan on living in Japan and want to make a living that is not based on your foreign-ness (and be fully functional and independent), language ability will be imperative.

At any rate, I recommend reading up on your options and choose based on which school will offer a quality education in your chosen field, and if you intend to stay in Japan, provide you with quality connections that may help you develop your future career. Try to find first-hand experiences from current and former students.

I only bring these points up because answering will help strengthen your resolve and make sure you land on your feet. Do keep us updated please.
Hello yes it has been a year since I have been studying with Duolingo I feel confident in speaking it.Day to day conversations etc. However I'm still not advanced enough to 100 percent understand it. I want to stay there because I'm stuck in the US and have started to dislike it. I would have to live there because if leave us I won't be able to come back as I am just a temporary resident. Most of my friends in hs were Japanese and they encouraged me to study there so I have a few friends in japan

Back
Top Bottom