What's new

Tosa Greetings

Mandylion

Omnipotence personified
Contributor
15 Mar 2003
Hello to all at the Japan Forum. I am very impressed by all of it! Great work. On with the show... I am teaching in the southwestern part of Kochi Prefecture on the island of Shikoku. A place of great natural beauty and a nice contast to my nearly three years in Osaka and Kyoto . I'm interested in kyudo and naginata, Japanese religion contemporary and classical, and history. I suppose my hobby would be photography, so please be on the lookout for my postcards from beyond nowhere (ie Kochi-ken) in the gallery section! Of course, I should be studying more Japanese and spending less time in internet forums Yoroshikune.

Greetings and welcome aboard :)

I look forward to seeing your pictures in the gallery soon and please make yourself at home.

👏

Hello Mandylion, welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. It looks as if photography is more than just one of your hobbies.

🙂

Konnichiwa Mandylion-san!

Welcome and Hajimemashite. My aunt live in Ashizuri Kochi. But I have not been in Kochi.:p
Yoroshiku ne.

NANGI

Hehe, I haven't greeted you yet, though we have had this intersting exchange about Bush and Christian fanatism.

It seems that you've been a few years in Japan. I've been living in Tokyo for abou 18months. Where are you from originally ?

How do you like Shikoku ? Have you been to the Iya-valley (do I remember right, I am hesitating 'iya' sounds strange suddenly...) described by Alex Kerr in Lost Japan ? I haven't been to Shikoku yet.

I'm origionally from Washington State (US) and have been in Japan off and on since 1997.

So far I love Shikoku. I know of the valley you mentioned, but have yet to get there. If you look in the middle of the penninsula-like far southwestern corner of Kochi-ken, thats me! The only catch is that it takes soooooo long to get anywhere. The scenic beauty makes up for it, but Kochi City is four hours by car, two by train. If I want to get to Honshu (Okayama)by train, it takes nearly five, yes, five, hours and costs as much as the Shinkansen from Hiroshima to Tokyo. The trains around here are gas powered, not electric. Inaka da yo! All said, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Back
Top Bottom