What's new

The Funny/Happy Thread

MadamePapillon

Fear my Niftyness
1 Jul 2007
Lame title...I know.

Because of the many not happy threads I've decided to create a Happy Thread, because there aren't enough of those.

Tell us funny or interesting facts about yourself, stories, quotes...anything you want...

For example: I'm an arachnophobic, yep, I'm afraid of spiders. I once spent 15 minutes trying to kill a spider in my bathtub when I was home alone.
First I tried to get it with a broom but it kept moving and I would run out of the room before going back to try again. I ended up filling an ice creme container with water and throwing it into the tub...when I came back the next day the spider was nowhere to be found. :(

Also, a strange fact about me. I have speckled skin on my upper arms. You wouldn't notice unless you were looking for it but my skin is a pale tan with tiny white spots. My nephew has this to. Odd.

Anyways...enjoy 🙂

Bugs in general freak me out. Two summers ago, a big (like the size of a man-eating shark in my mind) beetle was crawling around my kitchen sink. I couldn't kill it, because I just can't. So, I covered it up with a plastic cup. Well my boyfriend (now husband) came over and went to the sink and he was wondering why this plastic cup was buzzing and moving around. I had to tell him that I was afraid of bugs, but didn't have the heart to kill it. He really thought I was a bit crazy. BTW no bugs were harmed in this story...it was let free outside!

And, my favorite "Mom's can embarrass their kids even when they are adults." story. I was the young age of 25 barely old enough to take care of myself, in the eyes of my mother. We were shopping at the mall and she went to look at some clothes and I said she should meet me at shoes. Well she never shows up. I start walking the mall looking for her. Then to my surprise, I hear my name being paged over the mall intercom as a "lost child". I turn up at the lost child area and the ladies working behind the desk broke out in laughter. They were expecting a little kid, not me. My mother failed to tell them I was an adult. Of course, she then screams, Pumpkin Eater where were you!!! Yes, she calls me Pumpkin Eater, great name hey...........it just added to the whole scene.

:LOL: I love the 'Pumpkin Eater' story. Moms = priceless :LOL:

Bees are the worst bugs, IMO.

I'm allergic to them so whenever I get stung I swell up about twice my size. The last time I was stung on my hand it looked like a balloon , I was literally unable to close my hand.
So now, when I see, hear or even sense a Bee I run.
Those who know me have had many a laughs watching me run, leap and do that weird flailing 'omg, a bee!' dance.

These two videos made me laugh like no other.

Please don't watch if you are easily offended or don't like excessive bleeping of the f-word.

And the video response to the above video....

Have fun 👍

Yeah, those vids were well done...a laugh for sure. (although I do wish they'd just leave out the blurping and let the real word go.

I'll share a funny 'kids will be kids' story.

We (meaning the little lady, our first son, and myself) went back to the States for a short stay back in '92~'94. At the time that we had gone, our only boy at that time was 3 years old--a cute and talkative little machine-of-a-thing. I will never forget the time I took him to the library while I was doing some research there.

After a while, he was fast asleep in the chair, head resting in his arms on the table. I was a bit relieved since he had been trying to talk to me and going through some kids book, breaking my concentration--with him asleep, I could focus better, and take notes easier.

After a short while, I noticed some muffled sound as though maybe someone had spilt a cup of coffee on their desk, and it had kind of spilt over onto the soft carpet. As I lifted my head from the resource book to catch a better intake of the sound waves...I realized that it was much closer to my location. In almost an instant, I jerked my head around--in a natural reaction--to fully understand the source of such falling liquid.

Blood rushed to my head, surely I must have been strawberry red, as a million pounds per square inch of pressure pressed down on my thoughts of how I would break this to the librarian--my son was known for having damp sheets in the mornings, at that time.

I quicly closed and put away all the books spread out on the table, not yet wakening my son, closed and put away my notebooks, then woke him up--in preparation to escape like shadows in the night. I just couldn't, though. My conscious would not allow me to such lowness...primarily because that would then prevent me from allowing myself to ever go back again...and my studying was yet much more in the waiting.

To my great delight--and maybe I could never have expected as much had it been here in Japan--the libraian simply said, 'Oh, don't worry about it. We'll have it cleaned...little people do that sometimes...' (I don't really think she had meant, as in kids had done that before there, but simply that it was a natural event, and not really my fault, per se) From that point in time onward, I was more careful to make sure he didn't doze off in some location where....well, you know...

Back
Top Bottom