What's new

So did you guys get your 600 dollar check yet

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
I did yesterday, but I can't cash it here in Japan. I sent my other 1200 check back to the Treasury Dept. nothing came out of it.

I could actually use the money.

Anyone back home have the ability to cash it for you and convert it to Japanese Yen and send it back to you? If they had the same last name as you , the back would probably be OK with cashing it as long as you signed the back. I'd offer to help , but my bank would probably question it unless I got it OKed ahead of time. I think the Bank of America sells Yen to convert it. If you can't figure anything out , let me know and I will see if my bank here in Maine will help. I'd offer to send/mail you $600 cash American , but I don't trust the mail , LOL. Anyway if you get desperate , private message me and I'll try to help.

Anyone back home have the ability to cash it for you and convert it to Japanese Yen and send it back to you? If they had the same last name as you , the back would probably be OK with cashing it as long as you signed the back. I'd offer to help , but my bank would probably question it unless I got it OKed ahead of time. I think the Bank of America sells Yen to convert it. If you can't figure anything out , let me know and I will see if my bank here in Maine will help. I'd offer to send/mail you $600 cash American , but I don't trust the mail , LOL. Anyway if you get desperate , private message me and I'll try to help.
thanks Frank
I'm going to try to find someone in Okinawa to cash it that is military. The first check of 1200 bucks I sent to my brother but his bank wouldn't cash it. So I wrote void on the check and sent it back to the Treasury dept. with my Japanese bank stuff and they never deposited it even along with this new check. Someone over there isn't doing there work.
I'll keep in touch with you. Thanks for the offer.

I got the first $1200 as a direct deposit, but I just received like a debit card from the treasury? Not sure why they're switching it up...

I got the first $1200 as a direct deposit, but I just received like a debit card from the treasury? Not sure why they're switching it up...
That's interesting. I can see the maybe the reason. The people that don't exist may not use it ? And what about fraud using it also?

I don't really understand why they would switch from direct deposit to sending me a card, but I'm told I can just spend it directly or transfer to the bank myself... if there are future payments I hope they just dump them on the card or go back to direct deposit, I don't care for all the wasted plastic and postage. Who knows what kind of mess is going on behind the scenes to get this money to people. I hope you're able to get paid, @musicisgood !!

Not sure why , but we have been lucky to get ours in the mail usually a week after they are sent out. We want to buy a new TV with The Firestick/Alexa deal where you just tell it what to do without a button remote. I know I'll never figure out how to set it all up , so waiting for the virus thing to be done with so a Geeksquad person from Bestbuy can come do it. I feel a bit guilty for not spending to boost the economy , LOL.

Back
Top Bottom