What's new

Religious Belief-systems 101

.regdunlap

jizya is a payment done by non muslims to the islamic goverment...it is just a bill, and it is 1.5 % percent of any ones income, while zakat that the muslims have to pay is 2.5 % of income...i think jizya is fair and is easy on non muslims, muslims are asked to pay more.

dhimmi, is a nice word not a curse as the sites against islam try to picture it...the word describes the people under protection it comes originly from the word zemma ( to be under ones protection )..so when i say you are under zemmati ( means you are protected by me ) it is used to discribe non muslims who are protected by the islamic state...since multi religous cultures werent found before the caliphate was born.

kaffir is not a curse either...it means disbeliever...and any one is a kaffir at something and a believer of its opposite...
i dont believe that jesus is a God, so i am a Kaffir to christianity, and a believer to islam.
you dont beleive that muhammed is a prophet so you are a kaffir to islam, and a believer to what ever it is you worship.

haram means taboo...and exactly what are you against in this word??
every religion has taboo...things you are not supposed to do.

taqqya is something the shiites invented...not from original islam...
there is something you should know...islam as it was sent by God and found in prophet Muhammed's time is originally sunni islam, shiites changed and made a sect of their own...and they invented taqya which we dont beleive in...(it is to show you an attitude and keep in his heart another impression towards you).

caliphate is the islamic state.....it is the state that controls all the lands that has majority of muslims...and caliphate is a great system that was the first to ever make a multicultural, multi faith society...
you can search for great examples about how great this system was...
on one event, the governer of eygept and his son were prosecuted because they insulted a christian cobtic peasent...the caliphate Omar prosecuted them himself.
now tell me when you read about old nations, where did you ever see such fairness??

najis is not a bad word either!!! i dont know why you insist to make it sound bad!
it means not capable of attempting prayers..and that happens in many cases. some:
1 when you are not muslim
2 when a muslim is not washed, or just had sex
3 when girls have their period.

so exactly what have you read in anti islamic sites that make our image that dark??
i am curious....
i just gave you the right meanings of all the words you put....
now will you consider and go search for sites that t5eaches about CORRECT islam

What might you consider 'correct Islam,' and why would you consider it correct? That would be a nice presentation/discussion.

What might you consider 'correct Islam,' and why would you consider it correct? That would be a nice presentation/discussion.
islam that i beleive in...Islam that any average muslim believe in...
Islam as we Muslims know it, not the distorted image that anti islamic, and islamophobic try to show...or the image fanatics make it look like ..

the Islam the we grew up believing in and learning..Islam that made me the person i am...do i look like a terrorist?

correct Islam is the Islam any one can find in teachings by prophet Muhammed, and his companions...and these textes are many...

avoid teachings made by salafists, and Wahabi sects which are extreme.

Ok. I see that you are pointing to a somewhat subjective form of Islam in that it is not under the influence--I take it for now--of teachings by those such as Salafists (which I have never heard of before) and Wahabists.

Are you of the Sunni branch? And would you say that the Shi'ite branch were not correct?

yes i am from th sunni branch of islam..
sunnis dont like to refer to them selves as sunni, but just as Muslims.
shiites are not wrong as in not belonging to the Islamic faith any more, but we sunnis know and shiites know that the original version of islam is the one sunnis follow, and shiites follow a changed version made by their Imams (religous leaders ) who they believe are sinless....we refuse to think of any one except the prophets as sinless.

the original context of islam is the one sunni Muslims follow, the text Qoran is not changed in any way....it is the interpretation that differ.

I can't quite determine from your wording whether you would agree to the Shi'ite belief-system (since it is very obviously different from that of the Sunni branch) is incorrect in its system, or not.

Now I cannot recall exactly where I had seen it, since I have gone through so many journals and have not taken down notes from all of them, but it seems that some Muslem scholars do have a different reading in some area of the Quran...I just don't know which verses.

Anyway, what would you say about the Shi'ite belief-system, is it incorrect in any way?

as for the difference in the interpretition of Qoran between scholars that happens in debatable rules.
if you recall, when i spoke about shari'a; i said that some rules are not debatable, some are bendable and some are open for change.
scholars cant argue about the main definition of Islam and its practices, but they can show view of understanding in debatable verses.

as for shiites, yes we believe they are at fault......since it is obvious that they chose to drift from the original version of Islam...but not that this makes them non Muslims.
it just makes them muslims at fault in our view.
they view us as people at fult for not following their Imams.

this is a historical dilama. when the prophet's companion Ali was strugelling for the position of caliphate, some muslims sided with him, some against him, some stayed aside and never participated with any side.
some of those who folowed Ali made their own sect which is shiites.
the rest went back to their original Islamic practices, and were named sunni.
and those who stayed aside were also sunni since they stuck to the original version of Islam.
thos who fought against Ali either repent and became Sunni.
or became a sect called khawarej who hate Ali ( Ali is praised by both sunni and shiite by the way )
khawarej are anahilated...no one exists any more.

Hello scorpion da black :)
Glad to find a Islam friend on this forum :)
I am Christian but in my mothers village with mixed population i came to know some Islam beliving people and i can say that i never ever ever met so nice polite and sensitive people in my entire life.Not even one of the christians i know comes anywhere close to them.
I feel sorry that people eat the garbage from the media without applying the reality check filter and acuse islam belivers of things that are done clearly by criminals and mad people searching for justification to their hate.

Also i want to point out that if all the people who claim to be Christians followed the Bible and what's writen in it we would be one big happy family and not 599999 denominations and interpretations.
Denominations and interpretations that have actualy very very very little to do with what God teaches and what Jesus teaches and the point of it all.
But hey why not separate and devide ☝

The Bible doesn't need interpretations it needs following.

dimitree san
thank you,
for knowing how muslims really are, for telling people clearly that we are not what the media tries to show...
i am thankful to God that you have met some real good muslims who gave the best image of islam...when a muslim really obeys his religion it becomes a part of his unvoluntary behavior...he assendes to be a better person...
i am glad you met great muslims, just as i met great christians who consider me a brother....

you and I can view the "other" with a wise eye and a loving heart.
that is wisdom you show.

You are very welcome :)

I don't understand why people always go and dig for the rotten apple.
And i'm so sick and tired of the stupidity that's going on about this subject day and night.
God bless you and i hope you don't mind me adding you as buddy :)

The Bible doesn't need interpretations it needs following.
that is the main problem with most religions. quite the opposite needs to be done. just following it without proper study brings about the nutcases that give us radical islam, pure creationism, and people like those in the Westboro Baptist Church.
it needs to be studied and reasoned and not taken completely literally. in fact thats what we Jews have the Talmud for. otherwise most of the laws woudn't make sense.
now of course we shouldn't have extremists immams or priests doing it but we cant just use the pure bible for anything.

dimitree san thank you for your views and i am proud to be your friend :)

pugtm san;
you jews arent any better than muslims and christians...unless you believe so you will be unfair! claiming to be the chosen people of God and the righteous heavenly people!
in some of your textes it is mentioned how you should slaughter the people who live in the land between the nile and Iraq and claim the promisses land!
if any one should look into his texts it should be you!
when you mention fanatic Imams , and fundelist priests, please dont forget mentioning Haradim jews who are as extreme in their teachings and as radical

I have nothing against religion, but to tell you the truth, this kind of discussion is ridiculing both the Qur'an, the Talmud and the Bible as well. Its this damn easy, regardless of which religion they belong to, extremists need to be locked up in a cold cell for their remaining life. You're all pissed about whats going on right? Stop blaming each other, and go blame the radicalism.

pugtm san;
you jews arent any better than muslims and christians...unless you believe so you will be unfair! claiming to be the chosen people of God and the righteous heavenly people!
in some of your textes it is mentioned how you should slaughter the people who live in the land between the nile and Iraq and claim the promisses land!
if any one should look into his texts it should be you!
when you mention fanatic Imams , and fundelist priests, please dont forget mentioning Haradim jews who are as extreme in their teachings and as radical

oh yeah because there are so many hiites and Canaanites, and plishtim running around that those jews who don't even volunteer for the Israeli army and are exempt from draft are just running to kill...:eek:

Please do not forget that we are discussing similarities, or differences in the several religious belef-systems here--not only the Abrahamic faiths, even. We are not discussing the sociocultures within/attached with these belief-systems, but the tenets and data bases of the systems themselves.

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE OF THIS !!!

Holy books, and religions are not meant to be followed completely as everything is written in them, you just don't have to do the opposite.... and voila, you're ethically, morally, Gdoknowswhatally cool. This time please let me quote the famous, the mad, the evil, Aleister Crowley.

"If one were to take the bible seriously one would go mad. But to take the bible seriously, one must be already mad."

And this may be said about any religion. Any book.

what i mean is that the hareidi are exempt from army service and that the torah says to conquer the pagan nations that don't exist anymore.

Yea very interesting debate is going on here but I will share the debate as an observer .I don't believe what the believers believe.

Back
Top Bottom