What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

type of religion belief

uloocn

先輩
Joined
24 Jul 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
2
I am a Chinese and I have belief but have no religion belief.
From my point of view ,I have a word on the 3 major religions in the world:Buddhism,Christianism, and Moslemism. maybe I am not correct ,just say out...👍
If you want to rule people, you had better impose Buddhism;
If you want to invad others, you had better impose Christianism;
If you want to destroy all, you had better impose Moslemism;

:p
 
K

kohlrak

Guest
If you want to rule people, you had better impose Buddhism;

Untrue.

If you want to invad others, you had better impose Christianism;

Untrue, and i take that as an insult.

If you want to destroy all, you had better impose Moslemism;

Not true. I know a few muslims that disagree wtih the campaign agaisnt israel.

And you forgot atheism. It's notorious for slandering religons. Not all do, but it is notorious for it.
 

Buntaro

運動不足
Joined
27 Dec 2003
Messages
1,526
Reaction score
328
official Chinese propoganda

A person from China complaining about religion...? This is official Chinese propoganda, and we need to stand up against it.

The Chinese Communists have thrown out all religion, and one result is that an entire generation of Chinese people are living without religious morals. The post above is the unfortunate result of that.

The Chinese government is also on the road to destroying the morals of the people.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/5-10-2/32859.html
 
K

kohlrak

Guest
Well, the post was obviously in the wrong forum, and if it's specifically to promote propoganda from (or in) China, perhaps it should be in china's boards.
 

Mycernius

The Hairy Wookie
Joined
4 Feb 2005
Messages
4,511
Reaction score
195
Good point. Thread moved.
BTW there are more than three major religions in the world.
What about Hindism, Judaism, Humanists, Jains, Shinto, Confucian, Taoism?
You obviously know nothing about religion. Try reading about their history, beliefs and followings before making such a brief and sweeping statements. Just to let you know I'm an atheist.
Buntaor said:
The Chinese Communists have thrown out all religion, and one result is that an entire generation of Chinese people are living without religious morals.
Is living without religious morals really a bad thing? You don't need religion to live with a high standard of morals
 

RockLee

Hullu
Joined
22 Apr 2004
Messages
3,568
Reaction score
129
Sad thing is, lots of Chinese think like him. They just don't know any better :sick:
 
K

kohlrak

Guest
Mycernius said:
Is living without religious morals really a bad thing? You don't need religion to live with a high standard of morals

Almost all (if not all) morals that people have today can trace their roots back to religon, so without religous morals, we'd probably be incapable of having a civilization. Though, i am not saying you have to have a religon, i'm just saying that religous morals are what founded civilization.

Sad thing is, lots of Chinese think like him. They just don't know any better

Keep your eyes on America, it's starting to go athiest too. They're getting pretty bad too... sometimes i'm just ashamed of my own country for the anti-religous slander.
 
K

kohlrak

Guest
I have nothing wrong with athiesm, but i'm stating that there are alot of athiests just like this chinese guy out there. Not all of them are, but some are. And america's slowly becomming more and more athiest... Sad part is, some of it is by force. But the force is so slow and small that it's mostly talked about only by american tv.
 

uloocn

先輩
Joined
24 Jul 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
2
kohlrak said:
And you forgot atheism. It's notorious for slandering religons. Not all do, but it is notorious for it.
Who is notorious? atheism or theism?
Atheism have no idea about Boanerges and paganism.
Boanerges are notorious for diffusing something blithering.
Paganism have taken human rights from others.
and more, atheism is the ancestor of theism.
 

uloocn

先輩
Joined
24 Jul 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
2
Buntaro said:
A person from China complaining about religion...? This is official Chinese propoganda, and we need to stand up against it.
The Chinese Communists have thrown out all religion, and one result is that an entire generation of Chinese people are living without religious morals. The post above is the unfortunate result of that.
The Chinese government is also on the road to destroying the morals of the people.
http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/5-10-2/32859.html
Chinese official propoganda? lol....
Do you know in the past 3000 years China had no preponderant religion but did have well morals? Chinese living in Han,Tang or Qing dynasty must also think so because we are Chinese.
Communists are atheists but not all atheists are communists!
 

ricecake

先輩
Joined
13 Jun 2006
Messages
981
Reaction score
13
There are some mainland Chinese practice Daoism and Christianity inside China,local authorities won't bother as long as these groups focus only on teaching religious principles nothing else meaning no politics or ideology.

There are many Overseas Chinese atheists like myself truly anti-Communist at heart.
 

uloocn

先輩
Joined
24 Jul 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
2
ricecake said:
There are some mainland Chinese practice Daoism and Christianity inside China,local authorities won't bother as long as these groups focus only on teaching religious principles nothing else meaning no politics or ideology.
I agree with the above you said.
In fact, I don't oppose religion, I just point out some characteristics about them. I have seen Chinese goverment support Buddhism more and more. for example, last year China had celebrated "fist world Buddhism" ceremony and this year China had sent 2 buddhists to India for commemorating ナ陳コナ。テキ.
At last, I am not an atheist,neither a theist. I have my own points on religions.
 

ricecake

先輩
Joined
13 Jun 2006
Messages
981
Reaction score
13
uloocn said:
I am not an atheist,neither a theist. I have my own points on religions.

This statement should steer you away from implication of baseless suspicion working as a mouth-piece for Chinese propanganda machine.

Mainland China also brought back Confucius principles last year,let's hope PRC can rapidly revive old traditions.
 
Last edited:
K

kohlrak

Guest
Atheism have no idea about Boanerges and paganism.

Are you denying that atheism is a religon of it's own basis? Common argument is that atheism isn't a religon because it dosn't have a God. Yet, at the same time, we forget that it dosn't require a God to be a religon.

Paganism have taken human rights from others.

Not all paganism.

Boanerges are notorious for diffusing something blithering.

Oh right, and exactly who is to decide what is blithering and what is not?

and more, atheism is the ancestor of theism.

So you're saying the lack of the beleif in a religon came first? Not proven, simply because you havn't proved that any religon is incorrect. That would only be true, IF atheism is correct.

Chinese official propoganda? lol....
Do you know in the past 3000 years China had no preponderant religion but did have well morals? Chinese living in Han,Tang or Qing dynasty must also think so because we are Chinese.
Communists are atheists but not all atheists are communists!

If you make people warm up to atheism, they'll warm up to comunism easier, simply because communist states have this unusual love for atheism. More and more of america becomes atheist every day. More and more laws are being ignored, including problems with the laws not being carried out. No, i am not saying atheism causes lack of morality, but since atheism has no government (such as a higher ranking being that can "know and see all") of it's own (in other words, atheism can vary amoung person to person) the care for such morals is sometimes diminished in certain individuals. So, it dosn't cause lack of morality, but it does not provide anything to combat it.
 

uloocn

先輩
Joined
24 Jul 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
2
ricecake said:
This statement should steer you away from complication of baseless suspicion working as a mouth-piece of Chinese propanganda.
Mainland China also brought back Confucius principles last years,I hope PRC can rapidly revive old traditions.
窶伉エ实ツ,窶ーテ、对ツ宗窶ケツウ窶廬态窶忸ナ徒简单ツ,ツ就ツ青・ヒ弖窶歪ツ宗说窶廬ツ:ナ檀窶ケSツ神ナスツァ远窶抃ツ。 ヒ愿?#35745;ヒ弖ナ?O邃「テ溪?「s懂吧ツ!
translate into Enlgish:
In fact, my religions' attitude is simple. it is what our ancestor have said: respect all gods but not worship them.
 
K

kohlrak

Guest
In fact, my religions' attitude is simple. it is what our ancestor have said: respect all gods but not worship them.

I wish more people thought like that. You don't go around hearing me call "ala" by the name "devil." Sadly, most people have no respect for any religon that isn't the same as theirs. Atheism is founded on the fact that we are to keep getting better, but people see that as only physical, not mental, so many athiests pick on religon. Many christians forget that the bible says "pick on the sin, not the sinner." Yes, that also includes harassment from all the "advertising" of the religon. Muslims often forget that their koran dosn't say anything about "72 virgins for killing yourself in the name of Ala." Now i don't know much about buddism, but i would assume that they were not funded on the beleif to look better than everyone else. The real problem is that too many people forget the ideas that come with their religon. People by nature are violet, yet cowardly people. By nature people have no morals. For instance, if you knew (without a doubt) you wouldn't be punished in any way (including STDs or dishonor of some sort) would you become a prostitute for free money and a girl random girl? You can get paid for having fun with a random girl and nothing bad would come of it at all. Dosn't that sound tempting? Well, when you eliminate the basis of all these religons (this includes atheism) you often find some of the worst people on this planet. You find prostitutes, liers, abusers, all kinds of things. No judgement? then there's no problem. People need to be reminded of the basis of their religon.
 

ricecake

先輩
Joined
13 Jun 2006
Messages
981
Reaction score
13
kohlrak said:
America's slowly becoming more and more atheist,that it's mostly talked about only by american tv.

Are you sure,I thought America's South has growing Christian fundamentalist movement with that Jerry Farewell as ring-leader.

TV Christianity programs are gaining popularity in recent years,but stronghold is still in the deep-south.
 
K

kohlrak

Guest
Are you sure,I thought America's South has growing Christian fundamentalist movement with that Jerry Farewell as ring-leader.

There's actually a fundamentalist movement? Where'd you hear this? i never heard of it...

TV Christianity programs are gaining popularity in recent years,but stronghold is still in the deep-south.

I've been seeing less and less actually.. And more and more lack of moral where i live because people often use atheism as an excuse to have lack of morals. (which is where the rumor of athiests having no morals most likely came from.)
 

Mycernius

The Hairy Wookie
Joined
4 Feb 2005
Messages
4,511
Reaction score
195
kohlrak said:
There's actually a fundamentalist movement? Where'd you hear this? i never heard of it...
I've been seeing less and less actually.. And more and more lack of moral where i live because people often use atheism as an excuse to have lack of morals. (which is where the rumor of athiests having no morals most likely came from.)
I've had the impression that the US is become more Christian as well. That is the main gruop old GW aimed at and he claims he is a Christian. As for the lack of morals being blamed on atheism shows a lack of knowledge on the aspects of atheism. I have been refered to as a devil worshipper in the past, amoung other things. Christians tend to be a bit surprised when I tell them that to atheists the devil is as much a mythological being as God. They are rabid atheists just as there are rabid Muslims, Christian, etc, but most of us live quite unassuming lifes.
As for the collaspse of morals or respect on society being blamed on atheism is rubbish. Puritans blamed Catholics for their lack of morals and visa versa.
uloocn said:
atheism is the ancestor of theism.
I think you have that the wrong way round
uloocn said:
Do you know in the past 3000 years China had no preponderant religion but did have well morals? Chinese living in Han,Tang or Qing dynasty must also think so because we are Chinese.
How amazing incorrect you are. China predominant religion is Buddhism and still is, whether the Government likes it or not. It worked in harmony with Taoism and confucianism for over two thousand years. Some chinese Emperors who followed Taoism spent most of there time looking ofr immortality.
If the so called communist government collapsed the Chinese would do what the Russians did when they became democratic, and that is a sudden increase in religious devotion. The government might suppress religion, but it hasn't killed it and I guarrantee that most of the peasants in the country follow a religious belief.
 
K

kohlrak

Guest
I have been refered to as a devil worshipper in the past, amoung other things.

Next time some one calls you that, ask them to say the 10 commandments. I bet they can't. ;)

Christians tend to be a bit surprised when I tell them that to atheists the devil is as much a mythological being as God.

That'd be like pointing at the ground and saying that is the ground.

They are rabid atheists just as there are rabid Muslims, Christian, etc, but most of us live quite unassuming lifes.

The problem is that, though. Most, not all. For the most part, those few of any religon are the ones causing the problem giving that particular religon a bad name.

As for the collaspse of morals or respect on society being blamed on atheism is rubbish. Puritans blamed Catholics for their lack of morals and visa versa.

Because they can't even live with the morals that their own religon teaches. All religons have this problem, actually. I just find atheism more popular for it because it dosn't have some one who will always find out to punish you for it. You'll find it funny that alot of "christians" either say "he'll never know" or deny that the bible says something is wrong when caught doing something immoral.
 

uloocn

先輩
Joined
24 Jul 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
2
Mycernius said:
How amazing incorrect you are. China predominant religion is Buddhism and still is, whether the Government likes it or not. It worked in harmony with Taoism and confucianism for over two thousand years. Some chinese Emperors who followed Taoism spent most of there time looking ofr immortality.
If the so called communist government collapsed the Chinese would do what the Russians did when they became democratic, and that is a sudden increase in religious devotion. The government might suppress religion, but it hasn't killed it and I guarrantee that most of the peasants in the country follow a religious belief.
How amazing incorrect you are!!!
China is famous for the immune ability from religion in history.
All religions including Buddhism just intersperse among Chinese.
I couldn't say more about it.
as far as today peasants in the country, I myself is a granger before. now my parents and brothers and sisters still live in conuntry, they all have no religions.
 

iwumuyi

van
Joined
23 Jul 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
5
uloocn said:
How amazing incorrect you are!!!
China is famous for the immune ability from religion in history.
All religions including Buddhism just intersperse among Chinese.
I couldn't say more about it.
as far as today peasants in the country, I myself is a granger before. now my parents and brothers and sisters still live in conuntry, they all have no religions.

so proud to say that they all have no religions? its awful or even tragical to have a person with no religion.

When I communicate with foreigners. I always say I believe in Confucianism (it if can be called one of religions), while most Chinese I think are both believer of Confucianism and Buddism. its not contradictory. the two have been living harmoniously with each other over thousands years.
 

iwumuyi

van
Joined
23 Jul 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
5
uloocn said:
窶伉エ实ツ,窶ーテ、对ツ宗窶ケツウ窶廬态窶忸ナ徒简单ツ,ツ就ツ青・ヒ弖窶歪ツ宗说窶廬ツ:ナ檀窶ケSツ神ナスツァ远窶抃ツ。 ヒ愿?#35745;ヒ弖ナ?O邃「テ溪?「s懂吧ツ!
translate into Enlgish:
In fact, my religions' attitude is simple. it is what our ancestor have said: respect all gods but not worship them.

respect all gods but not worship them. haha, nice saying!!
 

leonmarino

Back
Joined
19 May 2006
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
64
iwumuyi said:
so proud to say that they all have no religions? its awful or even tragical to have a person with no religion.
Why? If you adher to some philosophy and try to find your path in life then that's good too isn't it? That's a perfect substitute for religion I think.. Why believe in supernatural powers or worship creators if you can find comfort in your inner self?
 
Top Bottom