What's new

record stores in Japan

slitenskiten

後輩
28 Jun 2003
Hi!
I was wondering if anybody knows any neat internet-based record stores in Japan, where they sell the 60s-90s pop/alternative/punk etc. The main importance is that they sell Japanese issues of Western and US music, but I'm also looking for some Japanese records.

Thanks!

If you are looking for older Japanese music, you may want to try Memorial CD Shop OTOKICHI as they specialize in hard to find and outdated/out of print items. They have a western music link but it says it is under construction (you may need to inquire).

There is also Tokyo Record Hunting Service which is sort of a locator service.

Besides Amazon Japan (mentioned above), Tower Records Japan and HMV also carry Japanese issues of western releases.

Originally posted by Musubi
If you are looking for older Japanese music, you may want to try Memorial CD Shop OTOKICHI as they specialize in hard to find and outdated/out of print items.

That's one spooky coincidence, the one day I decide to try to find a site which specializes in out of print CD's I find it.

😄

Meh, if only I had that kinda luck outside the web. :eek:

U.S. Distribution Looking For Stores!!

Hi,
My name is Mike Shimizu. I Work at TRC Distribution in CA. as a hip hop sales/buyer.
We carry a full catalogue of hip hop, dance, reggae, d & b, and accessories(slipmats, needles, headphones, videos, DVDs, magazines, mixers, turntables).
You can visit our website at www.trcdistribution.com
We offer discounts on our exclusive product and box lots.
Please let me know if you are interested in a catalogue or if
you have any questions.
Best Regards,
Mike Shimizu
Hip Hop Buyer / Sales
TRC Distribution
430 East Grand Ave.
South San Francisco, CA. 94080
650-877-7330 ext 286
650-877-7345 fax

Originally posted by Musubi
If you are looking for older Japanese music, you may want to try...

thank you so much for giving me the name of that first store. now I know where I can get my hard to find CDs (yippee Yoshiki and hide single CDs ^^)

Back
Top Bottom