What's new

Read a Japanese History Textbook!

Do Japanese textbooks “gloss over“ Japan's role in WWII?

• Yes, they do a horrible job of teaching about Japan in WWII.

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Yes, but it’s not so bad.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No, they don’t.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No, they do an excellent job of teaching about Japan in WWII.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Japanese scares , and be a coward to reveal what it did in WWII towards asian people ,especially China and Korea.

So , it's failure bid for UN Security Council is a DOOM , a MUST.

It is great that this is the only comment since the link was posted almost four months ago, about the English translation of the evil textbook that supposedly distorts history.
mad pierrot said:
That's quite the interesting text you have there. I can't say I like what I've read so far. Any other members' thoughts?
This is another site which recently started translations of various publishers' textbooks. It seems that it will be a long time until they finish the work.

I'm writing a paper using communication theory to discuss cycles in international misunderstanding, and I'm curious if anyone knows some good links (in English or Japanese) that tell:
1. How many (or what per cent of) Japanese middle-schools have voted to use the most controversial textbooks.
2. Just what choices Chinese/South Korean have in deciding what texts to use. As I understand it, Japanese textbooks are state-approved but privately pressed; I'm assuming the state publishes Chinese texts and I don't really know how South Korean texts are chosen by schools (or if they are). Any juicy (i.e. citable) links would be much appreciated.

Does anyone know of an English language translation of this book?

"History That Opens the Future"

Mirai o hiraku rekishi: Higashi Ajia sankoku no kingendaishi
223 pages, Tokyo: Kôbunken, 2005 (in Japanese)

Japanese textbook of history
Kaleidoscope‐日本と欧米・アジア諸国との医療文化を比較
Why does not teach 通州事件 in china?

The Tongzhou Incident appears mostly in Japanese far-right literature, and very rarely in Western, Chinese and other sources. Chinese historians believe that the right-wing organizations in Japan use this incident to downplay the atrocities committed by the Imperial Army in the Nanjing Massacre upon the citizens
☝ ☝
there are many 220 documents on this web
http://www.jacar.go.jp/?060545SL000025=PID
why do they deny it?
because it will lose their justification

Back
Top Bottom