What's new

Practicing Japanese conversation

skfer

先輩
15 Oct 2008
Hi,
I am in Tokyo now .. and I am taking an intensive japanese language course ..but the only difficulty I have ..I can not find a place with japanese peaple who are willing to help me practice my japanese ..
so please could you suggest solutions to me ?
thank you

You're surrounded by millions of Japanese. Go out and put your Japanese to use in your real daily life. Talk to people.

I tried to do that more than once .. but the conversation goes like:
konichiwa ..
~~~doco desu ka
ikura desu ka ..
bla bla bla
this is not real conversation ..
I need someone who can do real conversation ....in another word .. where can I find japanese friends .?..because I am surrounded with gaikukojin !!!..
thank you :)

Conversation is talking to someone and having something to say. If you can't think of something to say to the folks you've tried with so far, how is going to be different with somebody else? You say you're looking for people to have real conversations with....but it seems more like you're looking for people to have contrived conversations with.

I have never been able to understand the people who come to Japan and moan that there aren't any Japanese people to talk to. God help them if they ever get locked in a warehouse full of bottled water....they'll die of dehydration.

lol....Thank you anywah ...I'll try to talk with the first one I meet in the street today !!

you've to try to find friends from your university or where you live or where you work ...
you can't step to some one and tell him , I wanna do conversation with you , don't you ?
so you need the right time and place to do that .....
welcome here .

Ok, I see a lot of people around intermediate or beginning level with this problem, myself being one.

I recommend joining a group or club in your area, or find something around in your area that you can share with others. As Mike said, you need to have something to talk about. You don't randomly go up to people in your home country and use them for talking practice, so don't expect it to be too normal in Japan.

Community centers, local clubs, get togethers, international organizations in the neighborhood... things like this are spots where you can meet new people and share interests.

Back
Top Bottom