What's new

Popular song in Japanese

dAysLeePer

後輩
19 Feb 2003
Is there any famous American or English song made in Japanese lyrics, and where can I find those lyrics. I like music from the '80's so it wouold be nice to find a song, for example from Rolling Stones, only a Japanese version. If anybody knows such a song please help me. 😄

Hi dAysLeePer, welcome to the forum! 🙂

I'm no 80s expert, I just know a few US and UK songs from the 60s and 70s (Beatles, Zombies etc) that have been covered in Japanese. Perhaps some of our members know more about the 80s.

There are a lot of straight covers, but those are sung in English and i don't think that's what you're looking for.

Can't think of any rewritten songs right now. I'm not even sure if i have any in my collection. I'll do some digging.

Heard the Jpop groups like MAX do J-version of Backstreet Boys and there were occasional tunes done by other jpop groups that use the american songs with J-lyrics....can't think of any off hand, but have heard a few from the MAX group do several songs like that... :O

I found some more recent conversions.
There's Rina Chinen with Club Zipangu, which is a cover of Ricky Martin's She bangs
Then there's Papillon from Hitomi Shimatani, a cover of the Janet Jackson hit It doesn't really matter.
And i just discovered Asereje - Mahou no Ketchup Song from Rubies, which a cover of the Ketchup Song by Las Ketchup.

But still nothing from the 80's... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom